Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Phuket Sandbox update

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Phuket Sandbox update

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    My underhanding is is that the triangular route is London to Phuket and returning from Phuket via Bangkok to London. This satisfies the need to arrive directly into Phuket.
    gerefan2 is quite correct. A triangle has three and only three points. Two of those points are Phuket and Bangkok. The third point is the origin of the flight.

No Platformed
    Liked

The Thai Civil Aviation Authority has published the rules for international travellers who want to board a flight to Phuket from 1 July. Interestingly - and I’ve not seen medical advice about this - “fully vaccinated” appears to mean one AstraZeneca or two of anything else on the approved list:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...tors-to-phuket

Liked

Probably because many countries, Canada included, shelved Astro Zenica after giving out a bunch of first doses. Everyone's now waiting on results of a new Oxford clinical trial which was supposed to be out last week, but I guess was delayed until end of June. So Canada at least decided hell with it, and everyone who got AZ first jab can now get Pfizer or Moderna for second jab.

In other words, probably to accomodate the millions of people who got a first jab of AZ, but won't be getting a second one because their government shelved the vaccine. They can goto Thailand too, I guess.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Probably because many countries, Canada included, shelved Astro Zenica after giving out a bunch of first doses. Everyone's now waiting on results of a new Oxford clinical trial which was supposed to be out last week, but I guess was delayed until end of June. So Canada at least decided hell with it, and everyone who got AZ first jab can now get Pfizer or Moderna for second jab.

In other words, probably to accomodate the millions of people who got a first jab of AZ, but won't be getting a second one because their government shelved the vaccine. They can goto Thailand too, I guess.
    Does the medical advice say they’re therefore “fully vaccinated”?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Does the medical advice say they’re therefore “fully vaccinated”?
    Once they get one AZ and one Pfizer? Who knows, Health Canada seems to change its mind on a daily basis.

My one brother got AZ, so if I was him, I'd ask to forget the AZ jab ever happened, and ask if he can get two Pfizer and start as if he never received a vaccine.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Bottom line: At least 3 months too soon.

CNN Travel Article:
    https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...vid/index.html
    The article dates from 2020, and refers to a reopening 4th quarter 2020.

Thailand has indeed been open for a while. We had an unexpected travel ban from Januari until April, otherwise I think I'd have done the quarantine and visited Thailand. Now we're waiting until we're both vaccinated and then we can go, probably end of July or August.

I just hope the Phuket sandbox doesn't turn out to be a house of cards by then. I'm afraid they're hurrying it, and that the sandbox will be leaky.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (June 2nd, 2021), StevieWonders (June 2nd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gumblebee View Post

The article dates from 2020, and refers to a reopening 4th quarter 2020..
    Sorry about that oversight on my part.

Amazing though, how little things have changed in Phuket from May 2020 till now.

Good luck with your future plans.

9. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (June 2nd, 2021)

Liked

The important question is when the bars will open.

My understanding is that Farangs may travel to Phuket now from within Thailand if they are vaccinated, and prices are very cheap. So, I am considering a trip in June to Phuket. I just hope it’s not going to be the Zombie Apocalypse.

If the bars are closed, where are the boys hiding?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie99 View Post
    If the bars are closed, where are the boys hiding?
    Probably on Grindr, Hornet, Blued, as is the case elsewhere in Thailand. Or maybe even Planet Romeo.

Some of these apps have a "travel" function, so you can set your location to Phuket and browse the catalogue. Although, note that Grindr will show people as "close to location XXXX" when they might be hundreds of miles away, so a fake GPS app can get more reliable results.

No Platformed
    Liked

Latest Phuket infections = 6. As I recall the reopening metric was 0 by 1 July but I understand this was revised (not sure when) to “single figures”:

901C99DF-D178-438C-96A1-20498FF06736.jpeg