Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Howards

Howards

I am thinking of staying at Howards in November, I know that comments/reviews have been posted before, but an update would be appreciated. I am thinking about 12 days. i would like to hear from members who have stayed there. Specifically, security, the rooftop bar, the freelance boys I have heard about, general comments etc.

Tks
    PS: Is their room rate 600 baht as per their website or has it changes?

Liked

I was there a week last November

The security is good as a couple of guys I offed from Euroboys they would not let in,underage or from myamar.The rooftop garden is nice,didnt know there was a bar there.No one came knocking at my door during the night,my room was rather small though.I prefered Montes,he gave me a large room and it is a friendlier atmosphere.

It's been over a year ...

... since I stayed there. I found the location very good, room was quiet but looked onto a brick wall, room size good, the bed ok, shower ensuite ok. The bar is friendly, sometimes a little too friendly and the freelancers were a pain at times. I did have the experience of them knocking on my door, grabbing me everytime I went in or out and experienced the knocks on the door in the middle of the night asking if I wanted some company. i left after a few nights and moved elsewhere. Things may have changed but a couple of months ago I was chatting with a Canadian guy who had just moved out of Howard's for exactly the same reason. Up to you!

Liked

me4thai

Hi Me--- I stayed at Howards last September. and and will stay there in late August this year. I found it very nice. The elevator is great, many places don't have one. Punya, the owner, is very hands on, and will be a source of good information. I never had any trouble with unwanted knocking at the door. Perhaps some miscommunicaton was had in bar with one of the Thai friends, that is just speculation, all I can say is that this never happened to me. If it did, a word to Punya in the morning would be all that was necessary to make sure it would not happen again.

Lest this sound like a paid add for Howards, I do have a monitum for you, beware of the safe that is mounted to the floor. Us old guys have to get on hands and knees to open or close it. Would love to have safe at eye level. Yes, the rooms are 600 baht. The view out the window is less that stunning, but the room and bath are clean. The view was not a big deal for me. Hope this helps.

Liked

me4thai

Hi Me--- I stayed at Howards last September. and and will stay there in late August this year. I found it very nice. The elevator is great, many places don't have one. Punya, the owner, is very hands on, and will be a source of good information. I never had any trouble with unwanted knocking at the door. Perhaps some miscommunicaton was had in bar with one of the Thai friends, that is just speculation, all I can say is that this never happened to me. If it did, a word to Punya in the morning would be all that was necessary to make sure it would not happen again.

Lest this sound like a paid add for Howards, I do have a monitum for you, beware of the safe that is mounted to the floor. Us old guys have to get on hands and knees to open or close it. Would love to have safe at eye level. Yes, the rooms are 600 baht. The view out the window is less that stunning, but the room and bath are clean. The view was not a big deal for me. Hope this helps.

Liked

bing

Sorry guys pushed the button two time to post... was not shouting, just had a senior moment.

Liked
    I stayed at howards and enjoyed my stay. The bed is too hard for my taste. I may stay there again but I am working my way around.... so to speak...
    These are the good'ol days

Liked
    I'd *really like* to like Howards. Stayed there several times, hoping each time that it would be different. As previously stated, the location is great, the price is good, etc. but I've not only experienced unwanted knocks at the door, but have also had a boy with a key walk right in. Granted, I had checked in earlier that day and he was placing clean towels in the room, but he didn't even knock.

The beds are kinda hard, but that comes in handy for evening acrobatics. Multiple guests seem to be no problem:-)

The Thai food directly across the street from Howards is below average compared to usual Thai standards, although the Papaya salad was ok.

As for ID-ing guests, yes they do it, but if the guest is underage (as accidently happened to me) the choice whether to proceed anyway is "up to you" (I declined).

Think I paid 550bt, but it might have been 600.

The rooftop bar (or whatever it is) can be alot of fun if the mix is right, and the garden is very well done.

I'd suggest to try Howards for a day or two and then decide for yourself. Please report back, as I'm curious to hear new opinions about Howards.

Dboy

Liked
    Too lazy to write this all over again, so here's a link to my experience at Howards Hotel (slightly over a year ago): http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... ht=howards The review of the hotel is in the opening post (with photos!) toward the end of it ... it's a long post, sorry! I wouldn't imagine much has changed since then.

I notice Howard's website ( http://www.howards-pattaya.net/ ) has been changed a little and they now call the "suite" the VIP "room" which is in fact what it is ... one very large room rather than 2 (which is what I call a "suite"). It's 1500 baht, but has a living room area plus a balcony over looking the street, and is fun people-watching from there later at night.

I was a little put off by the clingers-on when checking in (one or two very campy Thai guys hanging onto you), but they let up immediately when Suphot walked into the lobby (he had been looking for a parking spot). But others may enjoy that stuff. Let's just say the place is 'friendly'!!
    But that was my only small nitpick. Howard's Hotel as perfectly fine, and the 600 baht for the smaller rooms is a good deal.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Smiles

I reviewed your post of a year ago. It is now a goldy oldie. Oh my, enjoyed it as much this time around. I was thinking of just using the advanced Imodium ( found in it in local Walmart, it is supposed to take care of gas as well) but after re-reading your post, I will get a new Dr. Script for Lomotil)