Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lonely & Depressed in Thailand?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Lonely & Depressed in Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post

All pools are closed under the most current Covid restrictions.
    I got lucky. My condo pool, as well as other condo pools here in Bang Saray remain open.

Similar to the last two lockdowns, Bang Saray closes the beaches to outside visitors - but residents are free to go.

Everybody follows the safety rules here, but life does go on.

I love Bang Saray.

Liked

I used to like the circular walk starting at Jomtien Complex and going along Thappraya Road to the Acquapazza building, then left down the so-called Russian soi (which, fittingly, even has a chess club) and through the Pattaya Park resort past all the tree-shaded chalets to the gate onto the beach road. Then back along that to the police box and left into the Complex once more. Taken at no great pace it would take me the best part of an hour. The Rabbit Resort makes a good halfway stopping-off point for refreshments if required.

For the past year, since the first lockdown, the walk has not been possible. The last time I tried it a uniformed Thai at the sentry box at the entrance to Pattaya Park rushed out waving his arms and screeching at me that the resort is sealed off from the beach. Now a mood of devilment sometimes comes over me when I'm faced with overly officious people in uniform (not to be recommended) and on this occasion I just kept walking as if unaware of his presence. Next moment he was screaming into a mobile and a policeman on a motorbike promptly pulled up next to me and, much more politely, repeated the no-go message. At this point I decided that discretion was definitely the better part of valour. I smiled, nodded apologetically and turned back. As I passed the sentry box the guard was still glaring daggers at me. On the walk back I reflected that my behaviour would probably have got me shot in America.

For the year of Covid I have mainly been swimming at my condo pool for exercise. I enjoy it a lot. Currently, as has been said above, pools are all back on the banned list, so I'm getting my exercise by watching the snooker world championship on tv.

3. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 26th, 2021), Brad the Impala (April 27th, 2021), Dodger (April 26th, 2021), francois (April 26th, 2021)

Liked

There are lots of possibilities for various walks in Pattaya.
    This example involves riding the length of the baht bus route, then ambling slowly back, having lunch, a coffee and stopping off at a bookshop:
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. 5 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (April 26th, 2021), arsenal (April 26th, 2021), Dodger (April 26th, 2021), gerefan2 (April 27th, 2021), splinter1949 (April 27th, 2021)