Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taiwan Trip Report

Liked

Re: Taiwan Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
    The latest rules are for a 0+7 system in place, i.e., "Quarantine duration: the day of arrival counts as Day 0. A seven-day period of self-initiated prevention will be required." and there will be a cap of 150,000 incoming arrivals weekly - on a trial basis.

You can read the official statement in English at https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Bulletin/D...Wvg?typeid=158.

Self-initiated prevention has been stated to be: "An arrival can undergo self-initiated epidemic prevention at his or her home or a residence of his friend or family that meets the one person per room rule. This rule means a room used to undergo self-initiated epidemic prevention, in principle, should have a bathroom. An arrival cannot stay at a general hotel."

As of today (Wednesday October 5), the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) confirmed 54,874 local COVID cases, 55 imported cases, and 48 deaths.
    Yeah, I read the details earlier and decided to skip it. I guess it will be for 2023 pride , though I'm going to World Pride in Sydney next march and that for sure will be a mini Taipei pride considering the high number of Taiwanese in Australia.

I'm still looking at the option of going to Taiwan on the second week of January, as I'll spend Xmas and NYE in Bangkok. Thinking of going to Kaohsiung, as Tainan is as south as I've been to and then a few days in Taipei to meet friends. If they are not reopened by then, I'll just go to Vietnam.

I wonder if any you, Dragonman, Christian or others have been to the Hi-Man sauna in Kaosiung?
    The reviews look really good. Similar to Soi 13 in Taipei.

Liked

As I posted in my blog (currently offline):
    Fri5apr2019 Kaohsiung Hi man sauna
    Location for this and following see google maps. Entry 400. Stay 19:53-21:50. So-so.
    1st floor = ground floor entrance to building.
    3rd floor (lift) reception, locker, group rooms and 30 private rooms, sauna, large steamroom with window to urinal (no light in steamroom, looking from urinal you only see a dark wall and don’t know someone could be looking at you peeing), showers with hot water (too hot!), labyrinth and darkroom. Free cookies and orange juice.

About 50 customers throughout with a good turnover. One cute and three interested in me. The cute one was an asshole (as a general insult, which I use very sparingly, but here it fits). First he was wearing underwear and shirt whereas everyone else was just in underwear, and he took his mobile phone into the dark room and when he turned on the screen, probably to better see, I and probably everyone else was blinded from the sudden light.

Liked

I have not visited Hi-Man as I am not in its demographic.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
    I have not visited Hi-Man as I am not in its demographic.
    Is the demographics mostly young twinks/ muscular guys ,Dragonman?

Thanks for your review Christian. Seems like it's not as good as Soi 13, where on a weekend between 18:00-21:00 you would get way more than 50 guys, plus every night is naked night in there.

I see from their FB page that Hi-man has a lot of events though, so I wonder if there is a better day to go.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by infoarmor View Post
    Is the demographics mostly young twinks/ muscular guys ,Dragonman?

Thanks for your review Christian. Seems like it's not as good as Soi 13, where on a weekend between 18:00-21:00 you would get way more than 50 guys, plus every night is naked night in there.

I see from their FB page that Hi-man has a lot of events though, so I wonder if there is a better day to go.
    I'm not aware that the demographic favors either young twinks or muscular guys, merely those younger than say their mid-forties.

The differing numbers in attendance may simply reflect the differing population levels, i.e., around 4 million in Taipei versus the 2.7 million in Kaohsiung. Taipei in the capital and more cosmopolitan and in many ways more developed than Kaohsiung, which is essentially a port city, and Taipei offers better job opportunities for younger people.