Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
The latest rules are for a 0+7 system in place, i.e., "Quarantine duration: the day of arrival counts as Day 0. A seven-day period of self-initiated prevention will be required." and there will be a cap of 150,000 incoming arrivals weekly - on a trial basis.

You can read the official statement in English at https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Bulletin/D...Wvg?typeid=158.

Self-initiated prevention has been stated to be: "An arrival can undergo self-initiated epidemic prevention at his or her home or a residence of his friend or family that meets the one person per room rule. This rule means a room used to undergo self-initiated epidemic prevention, in principle, should have a bathroom. An arrival cannot stay at a general hotel."

As of today (Wednesday October 5), the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) confirmed 54,874 local COVID cases, 55 imported cases, and 48 deaths.
Yeah, I read the details earlier and decided to skip it. I guess it will be for 2023 pride , though I'm going to World Pride in Sydney next march and that for sure will be a mini Taipei pride considering the high number of Taiwanese in Australia.

I'm still looking at the option of going to Taiwan on the second week of January, as I'll spend Xmas and NYE in Bangkok. Thinking of going to Kaohsiung, as Tainan is as south as I've been to and then a few days in Taipei to meet friends. If they are not reopened by then, I'll just go to Vietnam.

I wonder if any you, Dragonman, Christian or others have been to the Hi-Man sauna in Kaosiung?
The reviews look really good. Similar to Soi 13 in Taipei.