Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Army Boy

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Army Boy

I ran into a boy I’ve known for years while shopping on Second Road yesterday who just finished a tour of duty in the Thai Army. The Boy (Tui) first came to Sunee when he was 15 y/o…worked freelance (Violet House)…graced the stage at Sundance when he grew his wings… and then went solo as a freelancer. Great personality…an absolute doll…and as genuine as they come.

We sat on the steps outside Central and talked for almost an hour. He joined the Army after several of his close friends got arrested and incarcerated for yaba possession during one of the numerous raids in Sunee Plaza. He claimed he was scared of one day getting arrested and sent to prison himself, which motivated him to enlist. He served a full 2 year tour due to the fact that he never finished high school – let alone attended any college. Note, that, unlike the Military in the West, volunteers in Thailand actually serve shorter tours than draftees, especially if they have college degrees. Those with degrees typically only serve for 6 months to 1 year, where those who get drafted typically serve 2 year tours.

The Military pay Tui received was just 9,000 baht/month, but considering the fact that his room/board/clothing/medical, etc., were all paid for by the Army, he was still able to send monthly installments to his mother which he said helped out a great deal. Plus the fact that he was gaining “FACE”.

When I asked him what his plans were now, he said that originally he thought he would go back to work at one of the gay venues, but with the pandemic still in-play and no customers around, he was considering reenlisting in the Army for another 2 year hitch. My initial response was…”oh shit”…but he immediately interjected that the Army wasn’t so bad, and being gay actually offered as many opportunities for “Boy Fun” than he had in civilian life. Also unlike the Military in the West, enlisted soldiers in Thailand do not advance in rank during their initial term-of-service, and only get another stripe pinned to their uniforms and start earning more money after reenlisting. He said if he reenlisted his pay would increase to about 12.000 baht/month.

All-things-considered, and not knowing how long this pandemic is going to last, it was hard to knock his decision. He’s staying extremely healthy (fit as a fiddle)…everything’s paid for….no layoffs or job terminations to worry about…plenty of sex…good face back in the home village…not to mention the advantages of learning more about self-discipline which will benefit him greatly later on in life.

I know another boy who used to dance at Nice Boys who is apparently considering reenlisting in the Army as well. I just wonder how many more there are out there who see the Military as a safe "stepping-stone" during this pandemic???

Below is a link to a cute video – of a Thai boy getting “enthusiastic” on Enlistment Draft Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU25XOZkQ5Y

2. 8 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (April 12th, 2021), arsenal (April 12th, 2021), Brad the Impala (April 12th, 2021), christianpfc (April 12th, 2021), dab69 (April 12th, 2021), dubdavie (April 13th, 2021), Oliver2 (April 12th, 2021), TaoR (April 13th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Army Boy

Fascinating conversation. Thanks for sharing it.

I always wondered what was going through the minds of the national servicemen who were required to shoot at unarmed Red shirts a few years ago....their brothers, and friends. Remember the movie "Soldier Blue"? Of course, if some did refuse to kill, we'd never hear of it.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

If Winner GoGo ever reopens the “boy” in the yellow shirt should apply for a job.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post

I always wondered what was going through the minds of the national servicemen who were required to shoot at unarmed Red shirts a few years ago....
    I've wondered about the same thing.

In talking to ex-Thai soldiers over the years, they describe their primary responsibilities as being nothing more than "Hand Servants" to their Commanders, who in-turn report to the Generals. The Generals are then directly aligned with various political parties which is where they get their marching orders and establish the objectives for their Command. Completely different than the Military in the West. (fortunately)

In reality, one of the top objectives of the Thai Military is to satisfy the self-enrichment goals of the upper echelons of the Thai military.

Knowing this, I doubt there are too many Boy's who are interested in a life-long careers in the Military, unless of course there's a General in the family.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post

I always wondered what was going through the minds of the national servicemen who were required to shoot at unarmed Red shirts a few years ago....

The same thing that is going on in the minds of soldiers in Burma at the moment!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

7. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (April 12th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re the young guy in the yellow shirt in the video and based on the apparently availability of regular sex when in the Army I still cant work did the guy win or lose his lottery and if he failed it ( ie got conscripted) was he pleased about that or disgusted as to having to pass up all those hot guys !? I thought at first he was putting it on merely to suggest that he wasn't quite right in the head and so would be medically excused, but watching it further I think he was just being "himself" perhaps

I know that one Thai friend of mine who was gayer than gay can be and was as camp as Christmas got conscripted and I was genuinely worried about him in case he didn't make it. However as Dodger has already mentioned above on meeting my friend after his time was up he told me it was totally fine and in fact enjoyed it and he had sailed through with absolutely no issues. I questioned how that could possibly be and he just laughed and said that almost instantly on being signed up he was identified as someone "different" and so was sent to work in a Senior Officers admin office ( he was actually quite a smart guy which helped too I think) and he said he spent most of his time then "helping out" (cough cough) various Officers who decided they needed to pay him a visit for seemingly random reasons or when "off" work he was then able to have as much fun as he wanted with his fellow soldiers who also apparently kept him very busy too !

As Dodger also mentioned my friend also confirmed he got more opportunities for sex with other Thai guys in the months he was in the Army a

Perhaps we should all enquire where we sign up as I can think of worse ways of dying - which after the first assault course or two I'm sure most of us would !!!

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (April 12th, 2021), TaoR (April 13th, 2021)

Liked

The title of this thread invokes images of healthy and proud young men ready to defend their country, images that I can't get out of my mind...
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. 11 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (April 12th, 2021), Andaman! (April 13th, 2021), arsenal (April 12th, 2021), bjbjboy (April 20th, 2021), christianpfc (April 12th, 2021), Dodger (April 12th, 2021), goji (April 12th, 2021), Jellybean (April 12th, 2021), Kenny (April 12th, 2021), siscu58 (April 14th, 2021), TaoR (April 13th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post

Re the young guy in the yellow shirt in the video and based on the apparently availability of regular sex when in the Army I still cant work did the guy win or lose his lottery and if he failed it ( ie got conscripted) was he pleased about that or disgusted as to having to pass up all those hot guys !?
    The first and fourth boys in the video drew Red and have to go in the Army. The others, including Yellow Jacket, drew black and were deferred.

Yellow jacket was so delirious by the time they drew his card, he wasn't sure himself for a minute. Too funny!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    For instance, the United States government continues to use the name “Burma.
    no surprises here.... "the United States government" is the only govt in world what dropped nuclear bombs on the heads on citizens of 2 cities and continues to pretend they did nothing wrong...

Army boys:

C8dp48xUMAAJ7B8.jpg

PAY-NEWSLINK6270715_85279.jpg
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dinagam (April 12th, 2021), Jellybean (April 12th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    no surprises here.... "the United States government" is the only govt in world what dropped nuclear bombs on the heads on citizens of 2 cities and continues to pretend they did nothing wrong...

Army boys:

C8dp48xUMAAJ7B8.jpg

PAY-NEWSLINK6270715_85279.jpg
    The ladyboys will fit nicely in a military cafeteria set-up...
    After getting a proper training on weaponry.