Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Thailand Covid At Record High!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thailand Covid At Record High!

5406 today. Glad I left when this started.

2. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (June 28th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    5406 today. Glad I left when this started.
    Left and returned to UK where the 7-day average is about 14,000 rising to 18,000 on Saturday?

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Sen Yai View Post
    Left and returned to UK where the 7-day average is about 14,000 rising to 18,000 on Saturday?
    Smugness is its own reward.

No Platformed
    Liked

As an indication of how the daily statistics jump around, Bangkok represented 35% of cases reported Sunday but only 31% of cases reported today whereas second-ranked province today (Tak in the northwest) reported 8% of total cases but wasn't in the Top Ten yesterday.

The only other significant province reporting is Chonburi which almost doubled its percentage of total cases, from 4% yesterday to 7% today. It's also a 250% jump in total cases - from 155 cases to 390. Other provinces around that 5% mark were steady.

For those who are hoping, praying and ultimately gloating (for) when the Phuket Sandbox fails, the authorities there reported 4 new cases on Saturday and 1 new case yesterday. The case load needs to average 10 per day for a 7-day period for alarm bells to ring.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Sen Yai View Post
    As I said I left when this started, in April.

The UK infection rate in April had dropped from 70,000 per day to 2000 per day. The death rate had reduced from about 1700 per day to less than 150.

In addition I have now had my 2 AstaZeneca jabs.

I’m alright Jack .. sorry Sen Yai.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Andaman! (June 29th, 2021), goji (June 28th, 2021)

Liked

Here's a graph of cases and deaths in the UK. Death rate moved by 2 weeks on the horizontal axis, for easy comparison & to reflect the lag.

The death rate is increasing slightly, but not enough to show up on the graph. The graph ought to be on a log scale. Note the difference to September.

Currently, about 93% of over 50s have been vaccinated.

Over half the current deaths are amongst the 7% of over 50s who have not been vaccinated. ie There are more deaths among the 7% than the 93%. That's what the anti-vaxxers get for exercising their freedom of choice.

Also, the daily deaths are at a very low level. Far exceeded by other causes, like heart problems. We do not shut the country down for flu and it will shortly be at the stage where we will not be shutting the country down for covid.

Most of the cases in the UK are amongst the younger age groups, but these are currently in the process of being vaccinated, which is expected to fix the problem.

It seems to me that Thailand might not have adjusted it's restrictions up sufficiently to prevent the spread of the variants currently in the country. After all, restrictions appear to be less onerous than the kind of restrictions seen in Europe over the winter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (June 29th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Today’s figure net of prisons is 4,652

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2
    The UK infection rate in April had dropped from 70,000 per day to 2000 per day. The death rate had reduced from about 1700 per day to less than 150.
    You’re evidently a “fair weather friend”. Cold weather in Blighty? Run away to Thailand. COVID in Thailand? Run back to Blighty.

I would say “no bottom” but that might get some of our members too excited.

No Platformed
    Liked

Today’s figures are almost the same as yesterday’s - 4,786 with 127 in prisons

Liked

"You’re evidently a “fair weather friend”. Cold weather in Blighty? Run away to Thailand. COVID in Thailand? Run back to Blighty."

At last you finally get it. Only 7 months. Glass of bubbly for mrgiggles, sorry I mean steviewonders.

And you've made loads of errors in your recent hydra whine if you care to look.