Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Thailand Covid At Record High!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thailand Covid At Record High!

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post

Plus it came out here that you're not supposed to mix Moderna and Pfizer, so that sucks because everyone I know myself included has one shot of Moderna. Hopefully we can manage to get a second.
    I know this is going to sound like a very stupid question at this juncture, but I never knew if two different vaccines could be taken by the same person or not?

I can see it now:

A guy walks into a hospital and asks the nurse "what do you have in stock"? She says "only one shot of Moderna left, we're out of Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson, but still have a small supply of Sinovac and Sputnik on hand...which do you want"? And the guy replies; "Give me a shot of Moderna and a Sputnik chaser". Two days later he's dead...LOL

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 25th, 2021), Doofus (May 25th, 2021), goji (May 30th, 2021)

Liked

I hope this is not a premonition of the not too distant future.

No Platformed
    Liked

A total of 2,455 new confirmed cases were recorded in the past 24 hours including 479 cases in prisons

No Platformed
    Liked

A total of 3,323 new cases were reported over the past 24 hours including 1,219 cases reported in prisons.

No Platformed
    Liked

Today's headline figure looks horrendous - 3,759 new cases of COVID-19. However, today's new cases are 2,465 recorded in the general population and 1,294 cases recorded in prisons. The general population figure is the third highest in the past 7 days

No Platformed
    Liked

Another horror headline figure - 4,803 new cases overall - but, digging deeper, the new cases include 2,101 in the general population and 2,702 prisoners. The daily average for the general population for all of May is 2150.

Liked

And we have Laos clocking in at.... wait for it... 3 cases today.

Thumbs up to Laos, they seem to actually be getting it under control. See what happens when more of the lockdown is lifted on June 4th.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I know this is going to sound like a very stupid question at this juncture, but I never knew if two different vaccines could be taken by the same person or not?

I can see it now:

A guy walks into a hospital and asks the nurse "what do you have in stock"? She says "only one shot of Moderna left, we're out of Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson, but still have a small supply of Sinovac and Sputnik on hand...which do you want"? And the guy replies; "Give me a shot of Moderna and a Sputnik chaser". Two days later he's dead...LOL
    A friend of mine was on a trial for Novavax and had the vaccine which is not yet licensed. He has since managed to get the 2 NHS jabs (I forget which) in the uk . He is still healthy.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Good question.

1 A Spanish trial shows what I understand is BETTER results from mixing vaccines. In Spanish, but Chrome translates it. https://www.isciii.es/Noticias/Notic...CombivacS.aspx

2 The UK government is organizing trials on various combinations of vaccines. The sample size is surprisingly small @ 1050 people. As I thought one of each would be a very good idea, I looked into signing up last month, but as with previous trials, I live outside the catchment area. https://comcovstudy.org.uk/about-com-cov2

3 It's common to mix non-covid vaccines. Get a flu jab one year and no one asks what flu jab you had the previous year. Or go for some travel vaccines and you usually are offered all at the same time, even if it's "very nearly an armful" (quote borrowed).

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    And we have Laos clocking in at.... wait for it... 3 cases today.

Thumbs up to Laos, they seem to actually be getting it under control. See what happens when more of the lockdown is lifted on June 4th.
    IF this is true??? lets hope but this number is way way too low in my opinion......