Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Thailand Covid At Record High!

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Thailand Covid At Record High!

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    So they beat their previous record of I think it was 2800 in one day. Damn...

Laos is still doing good, and keeping it under 20/day.
    I’ve always thought the numbers themselves of little consequence - statistical sampling to indicate the trend rather than any semblance of the actual cases. Thailand often charges 3,000 baht for a test and has little or no contact tracing so these figures have no precision to them at all.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    I’ve always thought the numbers themselves of little consequence - statistical sampling to indicate the trend rather than any semblance of the actual cases. Thailand often charges 3,000 baht for a test and has little or no contact tracing so these figures have no precision to them at all.
    Well, if Worldometer stats are correct, Thailand is doing 116k tests per-million population. Definitely lower than developed countries out there, but not horrendously bad either. For example, Canada is at 850k tests per-million, US a little over a million, UK over 2 million though.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    I have a sometime friend in Hua Hin whose 57 year old father was showing symptoms a couple of months ago. Even though he had been out of work for some time, the hospital only provided a test with an advance payment of 1,000 baht. I wrongly assumed it would be free for Thais. He was called the next day and told he was positive. He would need to travel by ambulance to the hospital for which his son had to find 700 baht. After six days in hospital he died. The son was left with hospital and funeral costs. He was also told he should be tested and that would also cost 1,000 baht!

I have no idea if this is regular practice. If so, there is a lot wrong with the covid procedures.

No Platformed
    Liked

Thailand recorded 2,713 new cases of COVID-19 with 30 new deaths on Monday. Today's new cases include 206 cases reported in prisons and 2,507 in the general population.

No Platformed
    Liked

Here’s an example of the clusters that Thailand is experiencing - 2,000 in a single factory. There was a report of 1,000 at a single construction site the other day:

https://thethaiger.com/news/national...tal-on-the-way

No Platformed
    Liked

There's total of 3,226 new cases of COVID-19: 882 cases in prisons and 2,344 in the general population

F9AD03AE-44F1-4755-822B-B76C28986896.jpg

No Platformed
    Liked

Of the 33 currently active clusters in Bangkok, 12 have been found in construction-worker camps, nine around markets and shopping centres, seven in crowded communities, four at businesses and one at care homes.

Source @ThaiEnquirer on Twitter

Forum's veteran
    Liked

AstraZenica shortage could cause delays in second dosage according to the article below...(believe at your own risk).

https://pattayaone.news/astrazeneca-...he-first-dose/

With one dose of AstraZenica rendering only 33% effectiveness. It's starting to look like the small percentage of Thais who do actually get a vaccine (any vaccine) this year, will only have minimal protection.

Those receiving two doses of Sinovac will have somewhere around 50% protection (maybe).

The only golden lining in this story for us expats is to wait for Moderna or Sputnic to get here.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    The only golden lining in this story for us expats is to wait for Moderna or Sputnic to get here.
    Not sure what Thailand's arrangements with Moderna are, but I know here in Canada they've just (once again) announced reduced shipments.

Plus it came out here that you're not supposed to mix Moderna and Pfizer, so that sucks because everyone I know myself included has one shot of Moderna. Hopefully we can manage to get a second.

10. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (May 25th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

I suspect pretty much all the vaccine manufacturers were issuing supply forecasts based solely on a “best case scenario” - a very courageous assumption as it turns out.