Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Thailand Covid At Record High!

Liked

Re: Thailand Covid At Record High!

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    we see what "dictatorship" is 100 times effective in saving lives, what "freedom" is antagonist of effective fight with pandemic
    Are you really trying to convince everyone we'd all be better off living under a dictatorship?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Are you really trying to convince everyone we'd all be better off living under a dictatorship?

Not to mention, funny side effect of dictatoryships. They control everything, especially the news and info
    I am "trying" nothing. "Trying" isn't result - it is process. I'm pointing to result of China. China won fight with virus. West lost. At least for now. Rest is just blabla-bla.

And, Matt, I spend in total over 3 year in China, have a lot of Chinese friends and for sure I have idea what means "dictatorship" in China in real life, not only from propaganda of CNN and other "bbc" what have now to explain to own nations why Western governments looks like deep losers at time when China looks like total winner.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

3. User who gave Like to post:

Armando (May 15th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I am "trying" nothing. "Trying" isn't result - it is process. I'm pointing to result of China. China won fight with virus. West lost. At least for now. Rest is just blabla-bla.

And, Matt, I spend in total over 3 year in China, have a lot of Chinese friends and for sure I have idea what means "dictatorship" in China in real life, not only from propaganda of CNN and other "bbc" what have now to explain to own nations why Western governments looks like deep losers at time when China looks like total winner.
    Lol, in whose eyes.....RT?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Lol, in whose eyes.....RT?
    any... how else may looks 65000 against 63 cases?
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Moses wrote.
    "I missing nothing. I directly show to "some too much proud people" what their "developed civilization" worth zero against virus, what their cries "only US vaccines" worth zero... we see what "dictatorship" is 100 times effective in saving lives, what "freedom" is antagonist of effective fight with pandemic event we have now...

Once again: zero. And when drama-queens starting to cry "Ah Chinese!!!" it is right time to take a look on results what China has right now in fight with virus: 65000/63 West lost, China won."

Won what? No country wants to dine as equals* at the top table as China does and no country is further away from that than China is right now.

* Bringing not just money but respect, welcomed, a touch of class, a smile perhaps...you wouldn't understand. Your hatred of the West is mirrored in The Kremlin.

No Platformed
    Liked

The daily reports in the media are now broken down into “general population” and “prisoners”. The general figure is still slightly above the 2,000 average at 2,073 with prisoners at 183

Liked

Good news for Laos today though, only 16 cases.

They're hoping to be out of lockdown on the 20th, but time will tell depending on case numbers.

No Platformed
    Liked

The daily numbers are rising (slightly) again and the numbers now include prisoners, previously unreported. Today’s total is 3,095 of which 877 are prisoners. The general population number is therefore 2,218.

This week’s Economist has an article on the increasing numbers in the SE Asian region including an incredible anecdote about the latest outbreak in Cambodia. The article blames “festivals, foreigners and fornication” as largely responsible. I’d add “complacency”. The article can be read for free by registering your email address:

https://www.economist.com/asia/2021/...outh-east-asia

Liked

That article peaked my interest enough for the Economist to get an e-mail address out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    The article blames “festivals, foreigners and fornication” as largely responsible. I’d add “complacency”.
    It does add complacency:

experts blame travel and mass intermingling during festive periods, in addition to complacency.

Liked

Looking at the history of the pandemic in countries like Thailand, Singapore and Taiwan, it seems more than clear that the devil has been complacency vastly more than the three 'Fs'.