Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Two week shutdown for pubs & clubs

Liked

Re: Two week shutdown for pubs & clubs

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Because they have already agreed Songkran can go ahead. Remember it was cancelled last year.
    People are already travelling all over the country. Too late to stop it.
    Expect a serious clampdown as soon as Songkran is over.
    Sounds rather like Boris and all the UK devolved administrations (run by the other parties) agreeing to relax restrictions for some religious festival in December.
    Except Thailand is starting from a much lower infection rate.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (April 12th, 2021), Ruthrieston (April 12th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Sounds rather like Boris and all the UK devolved administrations (run by the other parties) agreeing to relax restrictions for some religious festival in December.
    Absolutely. And scroll down to the “Daily new death” graph below to see how many thousands of extra people died as a result of not cancelling Xmas.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (April 12th, 2021), Brad the Impala (April 12th, 2021), Nirish guy (April 12th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Why are they being so nonchalant this time around? Kovid fatigue?
    Too much pressure on the PM. He tossed the "hot potatoe" to the Provincial Governors so they will take the heat for any increase in Covid cases. The CCSA can't be happy, and are standing in the background waiting to scream "I told you so".

Some Provinces, such as Buriram, have mandatory quarantine restrictions in place for anyone entering from other Provinces during the holiday period. Chonburi has not imposed this which is getting a standing ovation from businesses - but has residents scratching their heads and running for cover.

With no travel restrictions in Chonburi, My little town of Bang Saray is now in jeopardy because of so many domestic tourists hitting the beaches here on the weekends. As a result, Bang Saray announced yesterday that the Beach will be closed until further notice, as well as the markets and fitness park. Residents here are softly groaning, but fully support these actions. There has only been one reported case of covid in Bang Saray since this pandemic started - and people want to keep it that way.

Hopefully Thailand can make through the holiday period without having a catastrophic increase.
    Last edited by christianpfc; April 12th, 2021 at 23:13. Reason: fix quotation

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 12th, 2021), Ruthrieston (April 13th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As I post, I fear that many infected people are at this moment unwittingly carrying the virus to rural areas.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    As I post, I fear that many infected people are at this moment unwittingly carrying the virus to rural areas.
    Yes, tends to happen when there's a ~14 day incubation period, and the virus can be transmitted when people are asymptonmatic.

9. User who gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (April 24th, 2021)