Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So much for Thailand’s reliance on Sinovac

Liked

Re: So much for Thailand’s reliance on Sinovac

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    That sounds like an excuse to be a freeloader on the herd immunity others will provide.
    In many cases it is very smart policy. Age, extra weight, cancer, diabete and many other complications may make vaccination quite dangerous.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

[QUOTE=Moses;276813]Well, "highest proven level" in fact doesn't exists. It is like average body's temperatures in hospital - half of patients are in +40C fever, half are already cold in basement, but average temperature is +36,6C.

"Highest proven level" will make different protections in Spain and in South Africa, will make different protection for 40 yo population in comparation with 60yo population... and so on, so it again will be subjective subject (hehe) of your preferences.

Any vector vaccines should be harmless if manufactured under control. They may be dangerous only because chemical reactions in substance weren't completely neutralized and filtered. Pure and manufactured in clean site vector vaccines can't be source of any problem because all pharma companies uses the same vector type 5.[/QUOTE

The World will know after the C-19 Validation Testing is complete (by 2022) which vaccine(s) are reliable and which ones are not.

Jai and I will be getting the vaccine which we feel is the most reliable based on the reports published at that time.

Anyone who choses to take one of these vaccines now (during the Validation Test Phase), is doing so at their own risk, and have to be willing to accept the consequences. So far the results look very promising for most (not all) of the vaccines that are out there. Fingers crossed more improvements will be made in handling the variants (mutations), which are the monster in the room right now.

If the Russians Sputnic V is performing as well as you stated earlier, then the problem should be behind them. Especially considering the fact that they (Russia) have already shipped the vaccine to over 50 other countries. One would have to assume they have enough vaccine to take care of the entire Russian population with no problem.

Just one question: If the Sputnic V vaccine is so good - then why do you have to get a EVC boost?

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    In many cases it is very smart policy. Age, extra weight, cancer, diabete and many other complications may make vaccination quite dangerous.
    Yes I’d forgotten the age aspect but as arsenal says he’s in wonderful shape for someone of 85.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post

Just one question: If the Sputnic V vaccine is so good - then why do you have to get a EVC boost?
    Because situation is not like with many other infections: right now does not exists vaccines with permanent protection against COVID. All - even high-end vaccines like Moderna - have fading protection, like vaccines against flu.

Nobody knows how long lasts protection, but scientists now talks about 6-12 months for first generation (like Sinovac), 12-24 months for second generation (like Sputnik, J&J or Oxford) and about 12-36 months for third generation vaccines (like Moderna).

I don't like to leave situation without my control, so I will check antibodies level in my blood from time to time and when level will go down to 15 units (described as minimal level for protection by manufacturer of blood test), I will go for boost. Fortunately it is quite simple to get here.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    The World will know after the C-19 Validation Testing is complete (by 2022) which vaccine(s) are reliable and which ones are not.
    Jai and I will be getting the vaccine which we feel is the most reliable based on the reports published at that time.
    This assumes that you are given a choice of vaccine and the state does not make the decision for you and Kuhn Jai. Here in UK, the NHS makes the decision based on factors including age, medical history and vaccine availability and individuals do not get a choice. You are unlikely to be permitted to travel internationally without a vaccine so government policy will be key.

Getting a high percentage of the population vaccinated with first does quickly seems to be key as evidenced by Israel and UK. Chile also has a high vaccination rate but has been concentrating on rapid roll of of first and second dose in quick succession which has slowed rate of first vaccinations too soon and allowed COVID to surge again.

Don’t wait Dodger, your risk of dying from COVID is far greater than dying from vaccine. If you have the opportunity, get jabbed.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Andaman! View Post
    This assumes that you are given a choice of vaccine and the state does not make the decision for you and Kuhn Jai. Here in UK, the NHS makes the decision based on factors including age, medical history and vaccine availability and individuals do not get a choice. You are unlikely to be permitted to travel internationally without a vaccine so government policy will be key.

Getting a high percentage of the population vaccinated with first does quickly seems to be key as evidenced by Israel and UK. Chile also has a high vaccination rate but has been concentrating on rapid roll of of first and second dose in quick succession which has slowed rate of first vaccinations too soon and allowed COVID to surge again.

Don’t wait Dodger, your risk of dying from COVID is far greater than dying from vaccine. If you have the opportunity, get jabbed.
    Thailand authorises hospitals and other approved entities to buy their own supplies of any vaccine the Thai TGA approves for use in Thailand. It will be, as you say, a question rather of “best available in Thailand” that will determine what any of us here can choose.

Liked

With the shortage of the vaxcine it seems stupid to allow the hospital's to buy their own , and not use the power of the state to bulk buy. As other people have said here in the UK it's only the state providing

Liked

This depends on factors including age and the rate of covid infection in the country concerned.

If Dodger were over 50 and living in a typical European country, with current infection rates he would be much much better off with the vaccine. It's estimated the UK has already saved 10,000 lives due to vaccinations. Compared with just a handful of deaths allegedly related to vaccination.

However, I believe Dodger is living in Thailand, which still has a much lower infection rate. If we accept reported figures at present, I'd imagine certain vaccines would be higher risk. We'd need to make assumptions about how that infection rate would evolve in order to assess the relative risks over the next year.

If I were in Thailand, I'd still take the first non-Chinese vaccine offered.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I agree. What you say makes sense, but I think the J & J vaccine should be available in the private hospitals pretty soon which is really what I want.

I'm not quite in the high-risk age category yet...have no preexisting health concerns...avoid places with crowds of people - and sleep with the same guy every night... so I feel pretty safe.

Liked

BEIJING (AP) -- In a rare admission of the weakness of Chinese coronavirus vaccines, the country's top disease control official says their effectiveness is low and the government is considering mixing them to get a boost. "I KNEW THIS FROM THE DAMN BEGINNING" LIERS FROM THE START