Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So much for Thailand’s reliance on Sinovac

Liked

Re: So much for Thailand’s reliance on Sinovac

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    The first Hockey Goalie Mask - Invented by professional hockey goal tender Jacques Plante in 1960.

This may be the last thing Canada invented...not sure???

Canada does lots, it just all gets lumped in with US accomplishments. For example, bet you didn't know the Canadian flag is on that latest rover NASA just recently landed on Mars, and will also be all over the permanent luna moon base NASA has planned with the upcoming Artimis missions.

Canada also puts out some excellent movie stars, sports players, et al... all of which people just assume are American.

No Platformed
    Liked

Many people (Asia and elsewhere) will be willing to pay for a reliable vaccine versus pumping that cheap and unreliable Sinovac crap in their veins.

That being the case, it would be better to pay for the Johnson& Johnson vaccine so you know you're getting the best Quality. One jab does it all and you know you're protected.
    While I agree with what you say, the reality is that Thailand is in hock, politically and economically, to China. We also know that there is a financial commitment to AstraZeneca for reasons that can’t be discussed on the Forum. That’s without going to the mechanics of mass-production of any vaccine, especially in the context of one of the J&J manufacturers who has already been shown to be incompetent. It’s simply not possible to mass produce a single vaccine for the entire world in a timely manner. Politics and economics mean we’re mostly living with compromises. But that’s the human condition.

He’s in the shower.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post

He’s in the shower.
    Are you referring to mr. giggles?

4. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (April 8th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Many people (Asia and elsewhere) will be willing to pay for a reliable vaccine versus pumping that cheap and unreliable Sinovac crap in their veins.

That being the case, it would be better to pay for the Johnson& Johnson vaccine so you know you're getting the best Quality. One jab does it all and you know you're protected.
    Well... isn't is quite comic what people moans about 55% of one shot of Chinese Sinovac and at the same time blessing 66% one shot J&J?

By the way: it looks manipulative and as a propaganda to compare first generation vaccine (Sinovac) with second generation J&J. Sinovac is inactivated virus vaccine - more simple and weak, with more soft reaction and more short induced immunity.

If you want to compare J&J - compare it with Sputnik then: 60% against 92%... hahaha... poor J&J...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post

Well... isn't is quite comic what people moans about 55% of one shot of Chinese Sinovac and at the same time blessing 66% one shot J&J?.
    Looks like a pretty substantial difference to me.

If you had your choice today between Sinovac and J&J, which one would you prefer?

No Platformed
    Liked

If you had your choice today between Sinovac and J&J, which one would you prefer?
    Moses has already been vaccinated by Sputnik V which is clearly a superior vaccine to Sinovac. If I were in Russia I would do the same (I’ve made that point a couple of times) and there have been stories published by/about Western journalists in Russia who came to the same conclusion. As I recall Anthony Fauci has spoken favourably about Sputnik V recently (see link below). The problem for Russians who wish to travel to Thailand as “vaccinated” is that they run up against the fact that it’s currently not one of the vaccines approved by the Thai CDC.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...etty-effective

Liked

Both. Yes, right, both. If I will be limited only to J&J and Sinovac, then I will take J&J first and then will boost immunity in 1 month with Sinovac and will repeat it every 6 months or maybe every 4 months - blood tests will show level of antibodies.

J&J is weak and is one-time-use-vaccine. It is not possible to revaccinate or to boost by J&J. Sinovac is also weak but it may be used as many times as you wish for to lift immunity level. So Sinovac is more preferable from long-time strategy's point of view.

Here I'm limited to Sputnik and to EpiVacCorona (also weak first generation). When level of antibodies in my blood will be too low, I will get EVC for to boost it... have plans to check blood in May (6 month after vaccination).
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Both. Yes, right, both. If I will be limited only to J&J and Sinovac, then I will take J&J first and then will boost immunity in 1 month with Sinovac and will repeat it every 6 months or maybe every 4 months - blood tests will show level of antibodies.

J&J is weak and is one-time-use-vaccine. It is not possible to revaccinate or to boost by J&J. Sinovac is also weak but it may be used as many times as you wish for to lift immunity level. So Sinovac is more preferable from long-time strategy's point of view.

Here I'm limited to Sputnik and to EpiVacCorona (also weak first generation). When level of antibodies in my blood will be too low, I will get EVC for to boost it... have plans to check blood in May (6 month after vaccination).
    Good luck with your second boost.

Personally: I plan to remain unvaccinated until probably early 2022. My logic is to allow more time for the validation testing of all of these vaccines. When the time comes, I'll probably opt for the vaccine with the highest proven efficacy level regardless of where it's produced.

If I hadn't gone into retirement I would have done exactly as you have and got the vaccine as soon as possible, but the risk of me contacting the virus where I reside now is fairly low. It's basically just me...an ocean...my guitar...and a boy toy.

Liked

I'll probably opt for the vaccine with the highest proven efficacy level regardless of where it's produced.
    Well, "highest proven level" in fact doesn't exists. It is like average body's temperatures in hospital - half of patients are in +40C fever, half are already cold in basement, but average temperature is +36,6C.

"Highest proven level" will make different protections in Spain and in South Africa, will make different protection for 40 yo population in comparation with 60yo population... and so on, so it again will be subjective subject (hehe) of your preferences.

Any vector vaccines should be harmless if manufactured under control. They may be dangerous only because chemical reactions in substance weren't completely neutralized and filtered. Pure and manufactured in clean site vector vaccines can't be source of any problem because all pharma companies uses the same vector type 5.

No Platformed
    Liked

Personally: I plan to remain unvaccinated until probably early 2022. My logic is to allow more time for the validation testing of all of these vaccines. When the time comes, I'll probably opt for the vaccine with the highest proven efficacy level regardless of where it's produced.
    That sounds like an excuse to be a freeloader on the herd immunity others will provide.