Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So much for Thailand’s reliance on Sinovac

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: So much for Thailand’s reliance on Sinovac

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post

No. "If part of your population has immunity to our vector, then let's mix vectors and cover at least partially gap of immunity"
    Maybe I'm expecting too much. But having a vaccine that ACTUALLY WORKS without mixing it with anything has a nice ring to it.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

cdnmatt (April 12th, 2021), goji (April 13th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Maybe I'm expecting too much. But having a vaccine that ACTUALLY WORKS without mixing it with anything has a nice ring to it.
    I'm going to start selling my vaccine, "Matt's Korona Cure". Has a 95% efficacy level, as long as you take it with the Pfizer vaccine.

Sounds like a great business plan, I should be a millionaire in no time.

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (April 13th, 2021), Dodger (April 13th, 2021), Jellybean (April 14th, 2021)

Liked

And also so much for J&J in the US now as well. They just halted using it.

6. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (April 14th, 2021)

Liked

I think the J & J vaccine should be available in the private hospitals pretty soon which is really what I want.
    "US health authorities are calling for a pause in the use of the Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccine, after reports of extremely rare blood clotting cases."
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56733715

I've had the AZN, but it not, I'd still be happy with any vaccine which has been trialed and deployed in any properly democratic country with free and open media, as long as taking the vaccine is clearly safer than not taking it.
    Those in less democratic countries with state controlled media simply can't rely on data about problems being collected and reported.

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (April 14th, 2021), Ruthrieston (April 15th, 2021), StevieWonders (April 14th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Those in less democratic countries with state controlled media simply can't rely on data about problems being collected and reported.
    Oh, now I know why 30+ years J&J was able to hide fact what their medical product was the reason of "extremely rare" suicides... "state controlled medias can't rely on data"... oh, but there is no state controlled medias in US! paradox...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

No Platformed
    Liked

"US health authorities are calling for a pause in the use of the Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccine, after reports of extremely rare blood clotting cases."
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56733715
    Dodgems must be gutted.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I for one, appreciate the fact that J&J data is reported openly and accurately, so that immediate actions can be taken when potential problems are identified, regardless of how insignificant they may appear.

These kinds of actions tell me that the Vaccine Test Validation Process is working as intended.

12. 4 Users gave Like to post:

billyhouston (April 15th, 2021), Blueskytoday (April 14th, 2021), goji (April 14th, 2021), Ruthrieston (April 15th, 2021)

Liked

These kinds of actions tell me that the Vaccine Test Validation Process is working as intended.
    Also, the reporting on it.

The J&J vaccine is another adenovirus based vaccine.
    So both adenovirus based vaccines developed in countries with transparent process and free media have a small risk of blood clots.

Finding out if the third adenovirus vaccine has such problems will not be so easy, due to lack of transparency.

14. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (April 14th, 2021)

Liked

And here we go... 1335 cases today in Thailand. Over 30% higher than any previous highest daily toll.

I think it's safe to say Phuket is delaying it's plan to open in July.

Liked

Well at least J&J is open and accurate.....for me,,I would not trust anything the Chinese say about their vaccine..maybe it is good..but I read it is only 50% effective...have not read does anyone know,,,how many per day are infected in China or they report NONE???