Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So much for Thailand’s reliance on Sinovac

Liked

Re: So much for Thailand’s reliance on Sinovac

Visited two of my doctors last Friday (Bangkok Pattaya hospital) and asked when can I get the vaccine. The staff there has received the Sinovac jabs already and I was told I could get the AstraZenega jab in June and maybe as early as May. She will not prescribe me the Sinovac because of my age (anyone over 60). J&J, Moderna, Pfizer will all be available as private hospitals are permitted to buy them. I just might wait.
    https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...their-choosing

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (April 14th, 2021), Khor tose (April 12th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Up2U View Post
    Visited two of my doctors last Friday (Bangkok Pattaya hospital) and asked when can I get the vaccine. The staff there has received the Sinovac jabs already and I was told I could get the AstraZenega jab in June and maybe as early as May. She will not prescribe me the Sinovac because of my age (anyone over 60). J&J, Moderna, Pfizer will all be available as private hospitals are permitted to buy them. I just might wait.
    https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...their-choosing
    Thanks for the update Up2U.

According to the rumor mill (for what it's worth) the J&J vaccine may also be available at some (maybe not all) private hospitals beginning in June as well. As I've mentioned before, that's the vaccine that Jai and I are interested in getting...and June will work out just fine.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see a global recall of Sinovac at some point in the future. This is purely speculation on my part, but I was speculating from the beginning (6 months ago) that the Chinese vaccine would be risky business. Now, the Thai farmers don't even want it.

Liked

Unfortunately, J&J is getting bad press now, which is a tad over-dramatized if you ask me. About 4.5 million J&J shots given, and a couple dozen people got dizzy, and a few even fainted.

I'll take that over getting KoVid any day, so sign me up for J&J. That's the one I'm hoping for at least, but looking like my age group will be the last to get vaccinated in Canada, so who knows... first old people got priority because they were dieing, now young people are getting priority because they won't stay inside, so looks like us middle aged folk are last.

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (April 12th, 2021), Dodger (April 13th, 2021)

Liked

Dodger wrote.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see a global recall of Sinovac at some point in the future."

China 'donated' vaccines to Brazil, Turkey and Indonesia. 'Donated' as in please test these and tell us if you all die. We here can't believe they got away with this as altruism.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (April 12th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post

China 'donated' vaccines to Brazil, Turkey and Indonesia. 'Donated' as in please test these and tell us if you all die. We here can't believe they got away with this as altruism.
    At least China donated and their vaccine saves people. What did all developed countries? Let to all other die from the start: export is forbidden.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Is Russia a developed country? Did you donate?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Is Russia a developed country? Did you donate?
    No, Russia is not. But yes, Russia donates.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    At least China donated and their vaccine saves people. What did all developed countries? Let to all other die from the start: export is forbidden.
    The main UK developed vaccine has been licensed to various countries around the world, so they can manufacture it locally.
    Top of the list is India, which has already manufactured 100's of millions of doses.
    Thailand has also licensed it, but seem rather slow making it.

The UK has no export ban on vaccines, however where the government has funded some work and put contracts in place back in 2020, of course it is reasonable to expect the earlier contracts to be fulfilled first.

As for the Chinese vaccine, they recognise poor effectiveness and are looking to save face by mixing in doses of better vaccines.
    Here's a quote from one official: “Giving people doses of different vaccines is one way to improve vaccines that “don’t have very high rates of protection”, Gao Fu, the director of the Chinese Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said.

https://www.cityam.com/china-conside...otection-rate/

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

“Giving people doses of different vaccines is one way to improve vaccines that “don’t have very high rates of protection”,.
    Oh, I get it. If our product doesn't work, just combine it with one that does and call it a day.

Beyond laughable!!!
    Last edited by a447; April 12th, 2021 at 15:37.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Oh, I get it. If our product doesn't work, just combine it with one that does and call it a day.

Beyond laughable!!!
    No. "If part of your population has immunity to our vector, then let's mix vectors and cover at least partially gap of immunity"