Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So much for Thailand’s reliance on Sinovac

Liked

Re: So much for Thailand’s reliance on Sinovac

That linked article mentions Coronavac, is that the same as Sinovac? Genuine question as I no longer keep up with every vaccine rollout.

I believe Cambodia will be using a Chinese vaccine, so this news is worrying as my friend lives there.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...dunno..can u trust the french...will only believe it when its reported by a credible news outlet like Crappy News Network

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...dunno..can u trust the french...will only believe it when its reported by a credible news outlet like Crappy News Network
    Their letters are wonderful.

No Platformed
    Liked

“ Despite big funds and high hopes invested in the Chinese vaccine drive, it has not been the major success it was expected to be, at least in Southeast Asia. Chinese-developed vaccines have been met with significant scepticism in the region due to questions about their distribution, effectiveness and pricing, as well as potential “strings attached”.

“As other major powers are catching up with vaccine production and making concrete steps towards provision for developing nations, China’s vaccine diplomacy in Southeast Asia and beyond may soon face formidable challengers.”

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2...southeast-asia

6. User who gave Like to post:

Zebedee (April 8th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
    That linked article mentions Coronavac, is that the same as Sinovac? Genuine question as I no longer keep up with every vaccine rollout.

I believe Cambodia will be using a Chinese vaccine, so this news is worrying as my friend lives there.
    ” The Beijing-based biopharmaceutical company Sinovac is behind the CoronaVac, an inactivated vaccine.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-55212787

All my friends here (none of them female so no blood clot risk) will be lining up for the AstraZeneca shot - some will also pay for their boyfriends to have that one rather than the Sinovac one, free or not.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Zebedee (April 8th, 2021)

Liked

This sucks. Hopefully it will spawn additional international cooperation so the vaccines that do actually work can get manufactured enmasse in China and other SE Asian nations to get everyone over there properly vaccinated. Maybe the J&J vaccine can take over as the dominant vaccine, as it's a good candidate as it's only one dose and can be stored in a normal fridge.

There's also more vaccines coming online this fall hopefully. Both, the ones from Germany and Canada sound quite promising.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...canada???...when last did they invent anything...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post

...canada???...when last did they invent anything...
    The first Hockey Goalie Mask - Invented by professional hockey goal tender Jacques Plante in 1960.

This may be the last thing Canada invented...not sure???

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Many people (Asia and elsewhere) will be willing to pay for a reliable vaccine versus pumping that cheap and unreliable Sinovac crap in their veins.

That being the case, it would be better to pay for the Johnson& Johnson vaccine so you know you're getting the best Quality. One jab does it all and you know you're protected.