Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The pros and cons of using a VPN

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: The pros and cons of using a VPN

With all the computer genius's we have around here, no one can figure out how to handle a hydra???

Why am I not impressed.

Personally, I don't think the "hydra" in question should be banned at all, at least until more members start posting. It's too much fun raking him (the 5 of them) over the coals...LOL

2. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (April 9th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    With all the people who talk as if they're computer genius's around here, no one can figure out how to handle a hydra???

Why am I not impressed.
    1.) Moses is gas lighting everyone when he says he tracks by MAC addresses, Windows license keys, et al. He doesn't.

2.) It's basically impossible to protect against hydras. If someone wants to create multiple accounts, they'll do just that. Moses could even go as far as to require a valid and verified phone number from eahc user, and even that's quite easy to circumvent as you can buy phone numbers for $0.20/month nowadays.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post

Personally, I don't think the "hydra" in question should be banned at all, at least until more members start posting. It's too much fun raking him (the 5 of them) over the coals...LOL
    Stop feeding the troll, Dodger! Put him on Ignore and forget him as I have.

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (April 8th, 2021), mr giggles (April 9th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    1.) Moses is gas lighting everyone when he says he tracks by MAC addresses, Windows license keys, et al. He doesn't.
    Matt, for sure you can prove your words and you may quote me where "he says he tracks by MAC addresses, Windows license keys, et al. ? Again just bla-bla-bla? Pseudo-expert ?
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Matt, for sure you can prove your words and you may quote me where "he says he tracks by MAC addresses, Windows license keys, et al. ? Again just bla-bla-bla? Pseudo-expert ?
    Previous page:

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    3. Modern software don't use IPs for to detect clones. It may use for example motherboard's serial number, or license key of Windows/MacOS/Android or phone's/tab's memory's serial number and so on... mostly it based on "fingerprint" - set of serial numbers from motherboard + hard disk + memory + license key. Member who wishes to have clones will need different physical or virtual device for to create each clone then.
    That above quote used to have the phrase "I use" in it before you edited it.

Regardless, no, that's not how modern web sites track visitors, and I'm sure you know that. Don't make people think they're computer is giving out that much information to web sites, because it's not true, and I'm sure you know that.

Liked

The real question isn't what technology people use to sustain multiple handles, but whether or not trolls should be booted off for taking the mickey.

If all that counts is number of posts, even with zero quality, then carry on as we are. In fact, why not expand it and create some bots with Artificial Stupidity to post even more hostile crap ?

Of course, I doubt going down that path creates much value, as any serious potential new members are likely to take one look and run away. So quality goes downhill, fewer new members arrive and the value of the franchise is reduced.

An alternative strategy might be to raise quality and delete about 8 handles. With a commitment to deleting any new handles as soon as the trolls reappear. In the short term, there might be a reduction in the number of posts, but in the long term it should work out.

9. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (April 9th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    ... taking the mickey.
    Matthew 12:30-32

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Matthew 12:30-32
    And

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post

Generally I regard the practice of religion as a fantasy. Its believers insist on their particular reality and try to get others to share their fantasy of (generally) a Supreme Being and all that that entails..

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Previous page:

That above quote used to have the phrase "I use" in it before you edited it.

Regardless, no, that's not how modern web sites track visitors, and I'm sure you know that. Don't make people think they're computer is giving out that much information to web sites, because it's not true, and I'm sure you know that.
    You are liar. Unfortunately for you nothing may be deleted permanently at this forum. I do it for precaution for to put on correct place shameless liars like you are. Even your "deleted" post is saved in DB. Wanna see how it was? look here (picture below shows exactly my words quoted by you in 3 minutes after my posting< there is your now deleted text "What the hell are you even talking about? You know full well I'd read and respond to that, so why bother even saying it? You know full well it's BS." and quoted by you my text "3. Modern software don't use IPs for to detect clones. It may use for example motherboard's serial number, or license key of Windows/MacOS/Android or phone's/tab's memory's serial number and so on... mostly it based on "fingerprint" - set of serial numbers from motherboard + hard disk + memory + license key":

1617887651.png

So you are just primitive liar pretended something been deleted by me. Next time please stop to chat with imagine me in your head and just read my words. Or carefully listen your screen reader (I don't know what exactly you are doing).

So it isn't mine "gas lighting", it is your "gas farting", dear Matt...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

13. 3 Users gave Like to post:

francois (April 8th, 2021), gerefan2 (April 8th, 2021), Surfcrest (April 11th, 2021)

Liked

You can have all the NASA grade software, kitchen ware, Tupperware and evening wear you like but Inspector Arsenal of The Yard uses something far sharper. Coppers 'unch. Repeated phrases, the same foes, the same grammar quirks and just simple facts to get 'is man. I am absolutely certain that argosy/frequent/steviewonders/mrgiggles is the same poster and so in fact are you. If you're going to choose to allow Rain Man to bring his special needs behaviour here then the rest of us are going to react by milking the absurdity for all its worth.

Multiple handles, an insane desire to respond to EVERY post and do it first, a hatred of almost everything and everyone coupled with a longing to be thought of as clever and the most recent development, a stored file filled with members posts to use against them in future fights. NOT normal adult behaviour.

15. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (April 9th, 2021), francois (April 9th, 2021)