Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The pros and cons of using a VPN

Liked

The pros and cons of using a VPN

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I see he's also promoting a VPN service, that'll certainly be of interest to at least one of our members I guess so they can ensure that they're getting the best possible price from their existing VPN service provider eh Stevie ?!
    Now there's a point. Does FrequentFiveHandles need one VPN network for each handle to cover tracks ?
    [One suspects it's more than 5 handles]

I've personally never bothered with VPNs, on the basis that I EITHER have to pay for a service I don't actually need OR have to use a potentially dodgy free provider, which presumably negates any security benefits.
    However, when certain sites are blocked in Thailand, I'm not entirely against the idea.

Liked

Re: Updated requirements for entry to Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Actually, I think you meant to say "5 of them" i.e., Stevieclueless, wingnut, mr. giggles, frequent, argosy.

I don't mean to freak you out or anything Stevie, but there's actually 5 of you.
    Prove it or Shut Up

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Updated requirements for entry to Thailand

Ahh that old chestnut......." prove that I'm using multiple VPN's to log onto the board using all my different handles" which by the very nature of VPN's you know full well of course that people cant ( easily) do........what a classic conundrum eh.

Well as Moses' super duper NASA grade software can't spot that ( or at least is set to ignore it in your case perhaps) that would then prove to be difficult as you well know, but just as long as you know that WE know, I'm guessing that's good enough for most people and you can carry on with your weird little pastime there to your hearts content it seems now.

4. 6 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 7th, 2021), dab69 (August 1st, 2021), Dodger (April 7th, 2021), gerefan2 (April 7th, 2021), mr giggles (April 8th, 2021), Ruthrieston (April 8th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Pattaya airport and Hotel rooftop bar CB Media YouTube

Oh no, just the one is service is fine for him I'm sure - well for this board as I'm guessing he's also doing the same on many other boards too as people like "that" always seem to do, then he can simply log on using the one VPN setting it as showing from a new "location" thus masking his REAL IP address etc each time ( thus beating the Nasa Super computer etc etc) and then just log on in under one the many MANY user names all stored - my good he better not lose his password lists or he's SCREWED eh .

You'd wonder where someone gets the time never mind the energy or will to bother with such a pastime, but as my dear mother always says "there's nowt as queer as folk".

Liked

Oh no, just the one is service is fine for him I'm sure - well for this board as I'm guessing he's also doing the same on many other boards too as people like "that" always seem to do, then he can simply log on using the one VPN setting it as showing from a new "location" thus masking his REAL IP address etc each time ( thus beating the Nasa Super computer etc etc) and then just log on in under one the many MANY user names all stored - my good he better not lose his password lists or he's SCREWED eh .
    Right. So most of the genuine members would have a fixed IP and location, whilst the multi-handled trolls would have it continuously changing ?
    I'd have thought the FSB ought to be able to detect that & then do some surgery.
    Then once the cancer has gone, we might just get more genuine members posting real content & outbreaks of civilized discussion.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

[QUOTE=goji;276742]Right. So most of the genuine members would have a fixed IP and location, whilst the multi-handled trolls would have it continuously changing ?

Correct. When you're at home etc your computer / connection shows one fixed Ip address and that's generally what Software looks out for when making it's checks ( amongst a few other things too). But when once you chose to click to log on using your VPN service it will then auto select a random country for you to to be "seen" to be logging on from, or if you prefer you can select the country ( using the same one each time perhaps) to again appear to suggest that you are actually logging on from there. But most super duper NASA grade software these days can quite easily identify that you are logging on using a VPN service ( not that there's anything wrong with that in general assuming thats being done for legitimate reasons of course)

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    have thought the FSB ought to be able to detect that & then do some surgery.
    I would imagine that the "detection" side of things has long since been "detected". The rest of your statement re any surgery or otherwise would presume an actual will or intent to do something / anything about that in general and as to why that might not be happening I guess one can only wonder and speculate for the possible reasons for that.......

No Platformed
    Liked

What a relief that’s all been sorted out NIrish.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Feel free to add to it where necessary as I freely admit that siren I stopped travelling internationally my knowledge of current VPN services is at least a year out of date, whereas yours I would imagine is still right bang up there of course :-p :-)

No Platformed
    Liked

Feel free to add to it where necessary as I freely admit that siren I stopped travelling internationally my knowledge of current VPN services is at least a year out of date, whereas yours I would imagine is still right bang up there of course :-p :-)
    On the contrary I share goji’s views - I don’t use one.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    On the contrary I share goji’s views - I don’t use one.

What MORE than one, wow that must make it a very expensive hobby for you - oh well at least with the exchange rate improving just now that might help with that a bit for you eh