List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some Pattaya boy bars in Boyztown area updates..

Liked

Re: Some Pattaya boy bars in Boyztown area updates..

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    How would you stop all the “regulars” turning up at 5pm, occupying “their” chair, sitting on one or two drinks the entire evening and monopolising “their” boy? There’s no profit in that at all for the bar owners.
    Thinking about it, this type of place must exist, doesn't it? A private gay club type of place, pay say annual membership of 100,000 baht or whatever, and have access to the club.

I guess kind of like a country club, but gay twink Thailand style. That must exist somewhere.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

One of the reasons- no the main reason- I feel in love with Pattaya two decades ago was because that is exactly the sort of atmosphere the bars were encouraging. Well, the twink bars anyway which in those days far-outnumbered the macho ones like BBB.

I agree that the transformation of Boyztown over the past few years- show bars, khatoey-dominated ( and of no interest to most gay men), the new straight LCF, the increase in the female audience utterly destroyed Boyztown. I'm amazed that the signs remained; ; nothing else has.

Accordingly, it's been two years since I've been there , preferring the Complex even though it doesn't hold a candle to the Boyztown of the past.

3. 5 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (April 5th, 2021), francois (April 5th, 2021), gerefan2 (April 5th, 2021), goji (April 5th, 2021), Zebedee (April 5th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post

Here's what I'm hoping the "New Normal" will look like in Pattaya:

More cozy/casual gay bars - amply staffed - a dart board on the wall - a pool table in the corner - a popcorn maker wouldn't be bad - with "Earth, Wind & Fire" playing at a moderate level in the background. Toss in a good dose of "sleaze" for good measure, and a few short time rooms. That's the cats meow IMO.
    You ticked ALL the boxes Dodger. A place where one can relax, pick a boy if you want, play pool if you want, chat if you want.....no pressure, but to be mindful the business has to make a dollar as well. That's the kind of place I would love.
    If Boystown had their way even in the "recent" past there would be no choice, thank heaven for the JC.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I thought Kevin Quil had the best shows at Splash & Throb back in the day.
    I remember how I watched in awe at the sight of an athletic trans person dressed in a mini sequin slip a la Tina Turner executing a perfect somersault on stage and landed perfectly on his stilettos. Never saw such a feat ever since.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    I remember how I watched in awe at the sight of an athletic trans person dressed in a mini sequin slip a la Tina Turner executing a perfect somersault on stage and landed perfectly on his stilettos. Never saw such a feat ever since.
    Not forgetting the 200 lb Ladyboy who did cartwheels on the stage and the very very cute twink dressed as a cat who “pissed” up against the audiences legs!!

7. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (April 5th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

That was Khun Oh, of beloved memory. One of the things that alienates me from the khatoey bars is the absence of humour; the performers take themselves so damn seriously. The all-male dancers of Throb didn't.

As Arsenal says, "I miss Pattaya!." But for me, it's far worse; I miss a Pattaya that will never return.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (April 5th, 2021)

Liked

Perhaps they should take down the Boyztown sign and replace it with New Chinatown.

There are members-only gay clubs in Japan - I was a member of 3 of them. But it wouldn't work for farang in Thailand unless they are expats who would get value for their money.

So the old fashioned gogo bar is still the way to go.

If only the owners would ask us what we want - most of us are not interested in ladyboy shows and guys in jeans. If they took their time and did a bit of market research they could surely come up with a winning formula.

And if they did that, I for one, couldn't care less about drink prices. I just want to have a good time every single night of my holiday.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 5th, 2021), Dodger (April 5th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post

YES...and that farang dressed in drag you're referring to blew me away...and those stiletto heels must have been made of titanium.

What a fun show!!!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    If only the owners would ask us what we want - most of us are not interested in ladyboy shows and guys in jeans. If they took their time and did a bit of market research they could surely come up with a winning formula.

And if they did that, I for one, couldn't care less about drink prices. I just want to have a good time every single night of my holiday.
    Quite a few of us have no interest at all in lady boy shows, but when there are a more diverse range of tourists, unfortunately the awful lady boy shows pack in the customers.

As for we like:
    Over 10 years ago, there were loads of gogo bars with cute skinny lads, in white briefs, with no tattoos and no facial hair. Once offed, a good proportion were happy to do long time and the short time ones would usually not rush. All very pleasant.

Now certain bars have boys with one or more of the following "problems": excessive tattoos, more facial hair than Borat, excess weight, overdressed on stage or ageing.
    Having found one of the remaining gogo bars that still has some decent boys, if that bar is in Bangkok or Boyztown, the boy is often pushing for higher tips than normal & sometimes combining it with very rushed service.
    Higher prices combined with lower service levels are not sustainable.
    So it's no wonder people move to phone apps.
    Obviously bars have to charge enough to cover their costs, but if the total round trip costs ~2000 more than a Grindr boy (as can be the case in Bangkok), they really should encourage their boys to look after the customer well.
    Winner has a better offer. Nice boys, properly dressed. Then a couple of drinks and an off is just over 700. The boy is happy with a tips at the same level as Grindr boys and some of them look after the customer properly too. That's how a bar should be. I just hope they find more boys when tourist numbers pick up.

14. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (April 5th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

I regard drag shows as a form of occupational therapy for drag queens. I feel no need to join in their treatment.