List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some Pattaya boy bars in Boyztown area updates..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Some Pattaya boy bars in Boyztown area updates..

The most significant news is Boyzboyzboyz bar will reopen next Friday April 9th. They are working on calling in the staff
    from the provinces and spiffing up the bar. The reopening will help liven up a very quiet Boyztown.
    I did some bar hopping tonight and can report that Dream Boys had nine shirtless gogo boys/men in jeans. Some new
    to me and lots of choice. Drink prices reduced to 150 baht. Boys gets animated when you tip.
    Xboys had 5-6 gogo boys, only one in jeans, others wore undershorts. Drinks reduced to 150 B. Shows are sporadic and
    infrequent.
    Boyztown area boy bars are in a very depressed state but showing faint signs of life. Friday/Saturdays best nights. My guess
    is things will very slowly improve over the next few months. One should remember that Boyztown wasn’t doing well pre-Covid.

2. 8 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (April 3rd, 2021), bucknaway (April 3rd, 2021), christianpfc (April 4th, 2021), dab69 (April 3rd, 2021), Dodger (April 3rd, 2021), goji (April 3rd, 2021), Jellybean (April 3rd, 2021), kkjason (April 4th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Some Pattaya boy bars in Boyztown area updates..

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat View Post
    The most significant news is Boyzboyzboyz bar will reopen next Friday April 9th. The reopening will help liven up a very quiet Boyztown.
    I.
    If, and only if, they charge realistic prices. No more of the 400 baht drinks. (until the Chinese return!)

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

bucknaway (April 3rd, 2021), goji (April 3rd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The drink prices had escalated to 350 b. (never 400) and they had a second drink free policy. Of course, for the older farang customers,
    this didn’t work as they nursed a single bottle of water, repeatedly asking for more ice, never buying a boy a drink or tipping.
    Certainly, some older farangs were ‘big spenders’ and didn’t fit my stereotype.
    The Asian men and Women bought set ups, bought boys drinks and tipped well, Certainly not every Asian fit this stereotype.
    Boyzboyzboyz was very successful and very smarted managed for years before Covid killed the tourist trade.

Many older farangs simply cannot grasp the concept of a boy bar. It’s not a gay bar!

One negative is that the bar added lots of cabaret, lip syncing ladyboys and less sexy boy bits to please their Asian base. Also fully clothed gogo boys/men is far from ideal.
    The drink prices were reduced when the bar reopened as the customer base was Thais from Bangkok and locals.
    I believe the price was 200b. per drink at that time.

6. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 3rd, 2021)

Liked

Also fully clothed gogo boys/men is far from ideal.
    For me, that is when they lost my business. It was was a deal breaker.

I spent my baht elsewhere during the evening and only returned for the "sexy show".

I usually spent up big there, too the point that they always reserved a table for me in my favourite spot down by the stage.

Still, they wouldn't have missed my boycotting the bar - although the guys would have - because they were usually full. Chinese, mainly, who were big drinkers. Great for bar profits.

I imagine the guys made most of their money from offs, not drinks. I offed lots of guys. The Chinese didn't, from what I saw.

8. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 3rd, 2021), catawampuscat (April 3rd, 2021), goji (April 4th, 2021), Ruthrieston (April 4th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I’ve been told the Chinese, especially the females off the boys to go to karaokes and late night clubs, not for sex.
    I’d imagine the boys have more fun than going with older farangs but less profitable. Every situation different and I
    know several farangs that had arrangements with the boys and saw them in the afternoons and became patrons.

No Platformed
    Liked

I’ve been told the Chinese, especially the females off the boys to go to karaokes and late night clubs, not for sex.
    In the early Noughties it was very much the trend for Japanese girls to visit the larger Soi Twilight gogos (Boys Bangkok in particular) and “off” dancing partners. They deliberately (I’m told) sought out the gay boys so none of them were under any misapprehension that sex was expected.

Liked

Are the hotels in Boystown open?

Liked

The bars have been ruined for me for a long time,,basically they were fun when they were basically ALL GAY customers, not the Chinese Woman tourist, giggling and ruining it really for what the bar is supposed to be...yes I get it...$$$$$ the bars need the woman tourist to make the bucks...for me....it is not fun anymore .....Just me...

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    The bars have been ruined for me for a long time,,basically they were fun when they were basically ALL GAY customers, not the Chinese Woman tourist, giggling and ruining it really for what the bar is supposed to be...
    A source of young male prostitutes for middle aged and elderly white men to (in the unforgettable wording of one of our members earlier today) hunt?

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    A source of young male prostitutes for middle aged and elderly white men to (in the unforgettable wording of one of our members earlier today) hunt?
    And as a meat market it's a serious business, none of that "giggling" allowed!