Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
Objection !
I qualify for the under 55 age bracket too, although by a narrower margin than the other two.

I was not remotely concerned about the blood clot issue when getting vaccinated (Astra Zeneca vaccine).

1 Anyone over 50 and in Europe or North America can figure out that the probability of death from covid with no vaccine is orders of magnitude higher than death from the vaccine.

2 The Daily Mail article shows the same number of blood clots from AZN and Pfizer vaccines in the UK. However, I suspect more doses of the AZN vaccine will have been dished out.

The number of covid deaths reported after vaccination for both vaccines ought to be adjusted to exclude infections before the vaccine had time to work. I heard somewhere else that the median date for onset of symptoms was 5 days, which means they were probably infected before vaccination, or at the vaccination centre. A vaccine should only be judged after it's had time to take effect.

3 British people have more confidence in the vaccines than the Russian people. This is no surprise:

British adenovirus vaccine: Subject to multiple trials in different countries. Where it is deployed, there is free and open media coverage, so if there is a problem we can assess it ourselves.

Russian adenovirus vaccine: Licensed in Russia before trials !!! Trial results from Russia published. Domestic media in Russia is controlled by Mr Putin, so if there were problems with it, who would report these ?
If that one has one blood clot in every few million doses, expect it to be covered up.

Glad to hear it. Much better than the normal sloppy practices, leading to people catching covid from the NHS.
You’ll be ok goji, you’re not a woman still of the age group who menstruate - the only group that may be at risk.