Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The modern gay heretic

No Platformed
    Liked

The modern gay heretic

Wikipedia defines fantasy as “a genre of speculative fiction set in a fictional universe, often inspired by real world myth and folklore.”

Generally I regard the practice of religion as a fantasy. Its believers insist on their particular reality and try to get others to share their fantasy of (generally) a Supreme Being and all that that entails. During the Inquisition people were rounded up and punished for non-belief or wrong belief. Moslems invoke fatwas against non-believers.

I’m all in favour of people having a rich fantasy life - provided it’s not compulsory for the rest of us to share those fantasies. However the bloke down the hall who believes he’s a woman ... surely that’s a fantasy I can’t be made to share?

The “trans” lobby says otherwise. It’s the modern Inquisition.

Liked

Re: The modern gay heretic

Are you envious of their breasts?

Liked

Give it some time, and it'll die down as it becomes more normalized within society.

Same as before there were constantly people, "I'm gay any proud, look at me, I'm gay, you can't not like me because I'm gay!". You don't see that as much anymore, because nobody cares whether or not you're gay anymore. The same will happen with trans folk in time.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Give it some time, and it'll die down as it becomes more normalized within society.

Same as before there were constantly people, "I'm gay any proud, look at me, I'm gay, you can't not like me because I'm gay!". You don't see that as much anymore, because nobody cares whether or not you're gay anymore. The same will happen with trans folk in time.
    So you think same-sex attraction is a fantasy?

Liked

My bestie was born Bernard, on the wrong side of the tracks in Newcastle. 6 feet 6 and with a burly build not to mention excessively hairy limbs saw him working the docks for the best part of forty years.

Then several years ago he confided in me that he wanted to be a woman. Obviously I was shocked although looking back there were subtle signs...A love of fresh flowers and he never missed Loose Women.

However I, of course accepted his wish and promised to support him and be there whenever I could. It was very difficult at first, trannyism wasn't the fashionable attention grabbervit is today. Everyone just thought he was weird. We'd get strange looks browsing through the cocktail dress section at M and S and shop assistants were always aghast when he asked for a size 22.

Shopping for shoes could be even worse. He was almost in tears when some Louis Vuitton open toed slingbacks were not available to fit his overly large feet even if ge taped up his toes with sellotape.

There could be heartfelt tantrums in other places too. They simply refused to allow him into the ladies changing area at Hampstead Pond instead making him change, as he put it "in front of all those lecherous men." He was adamant for weeks afterwards that he could have been sexually assaulted and that "all men are the same."

Other issues also surfaced from time to time. At Wimbledon he was refused a discount for ladies day and at Ascot they would not enter him into the glamorous ladies finest hat tombola, a decision which had him throwing his glass of champagne at the chief steward. On holiday in Spain the singer refused to seranade him nor give him a rose.

And yet he still maintains that he's a woman.

6. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (March 22nd, 2021), dinagam (March 22nd, 2021), Ruthrieston (March 22nd, 2021)

Liked

Thinking about it and since we're on the subject, I don't even know, what does Thailand do? Now that this whole "do trans folk get to choose which bathroom to use" debate is all the rage in the West, what do layboys growing up in school do in Thailand? What bathroom do they use?

Curious minds want to know.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Curious minds want to know.
    Self-advertisement?

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    My bestie was born Bernard, on the wrong side of the tracks in Newcastle. 6 feet 6 and with a burly build not to mention excessively hairy limbs saw him working the docks for the best part of forty years.

Then several years ago he confided in me that he wanted to be a woman. Obviously I was shocked although looking back there were subtle signs...A love of fresh flowers and he never missed Loose Women.

However I, of course accepted his wish and promised to support him and be there whenever I could. It was very difficult at first, trannyism wasn't the fashionable attention grabbervit is today. Everyone just thought he was weird. We'd get strange looks browsing through the cocktail dress section at M and S and shop assistants were always aghast when he asked for a size 22.

Shopping for shoes could be even worse. He was almost in tears when some Louis Vuitton open toed slingbacks were not available to fit his overly large feet even if ge taped up his toes with sellotape.

There could be heartfelt tantrums in other places too. They simply refused to allow him into the ladies changing area at Hampstead Pond instead making him change, as he put it "in front of all those lecherous men." He was adamant for weeks afterwards that he could have been sexually assaulted and that "all men are the same."

Other issues also surfaced from time to time. At Wimbledon he was refused a discount for ladies day and at Ascot they would not enter him into the glamorous ladies finest hat tombola, a decision which had him throwing his glass of champagne at the chief steward. On holiday in Spain the singer refused to seranade him nor give him a rose.

And yet he still maintains that he's a woman.
    As I said, everyone is entitled to their own rich fantasy life - but they’re not entitled to insist that we share their fantasies.

Liked

Well done you, Mr Arsenal, for truly supporting your friend through her difficult transition. Unlike the slim and largely hairless Thai boys who make the transition, in the West it is far more of a challenge, and much more difficult to gain acceptance. I hope your friend is happy and enjoying her new life.

Liked

If anyone genuinely believed my piece about Bernard then I apologise. It was a satire. My position is that wearing female clothes does not make you a woman. If you want to believe you are then that's your choice but please don't insist that I do.

12. User who gave Like to post:

goji (March 25th, 2021)