Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is Babylon Sauna rumored to close soon? [Now permanently closed]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Is Babylon Sauna rumored to close soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    If it has closed for good, I shall be sad. I recall Punya's story as an entrepreneur well; he was always a charming host and would go out of his way to talk to P and me. He must be heart -broken after all the work and expense.

Pad and I would always ensure that we'd call in for one evening during our stays in Pattaya; the restaurant was reliable and sitting around the pool as dusk fell was a pleasure for us both. And I thought the pool much better than those at Babylon and House of Male (Chiang Mai)
    Very much agree Oliver. The extensive development of the Sauna and the guesthouse must have cost a lot and it’s a pity that such a excellent asset for us gays is no more. I think it was during my second visit in about 2006 that Punya showed me round the place and talked about his previous life and relationships.
    Yes the pool was better than the one at Babylon and sitting round it either on my own or with a boyfriend in the warm dusk evening air is a happy memory for me.

Liked

I'm pretty sure from FB posts that Punya fully intends to reopen sansuk as soon as it's legally allowed and there are sufficient tourists to keep it afloat

So I suggest that we don't write it off yet!

3. 3 Users gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (May 16th, 2022), Dodger (May 17th, 2022), tonchin (May 26th, 2022)

Liked

Sansuk has always been a happy memory for me - a cozy atrium by the pool and a dark maze with the only place for free sex in Pattaya ;-) But in recent years, before its closure, there were fewer thai boys and much more elderly farangs seeking help on all issues. In addition, some plumbing facilities and furniture fell into disrepair and were not repaired. I think in this regard, the sauna has become as much a victim of dating apps as go-go. In any case, I hope that they will still be able to open and prove themselves in the best possible way.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Many falang visitors , perhaps most, don't have pools at their hotels and so Sansuk's was always a draw. Add to that a decent and well-priced restaurant. It meant that even without large numbers of young locals to meet, it was still a decent place to visit before the bars opened. And that was certainly true of P and me. He liked the fitness room as well. I didn't.
    I hope Colmx is right.

Liked

Many years ago..I went to a sauna,,forget the name, help??? I took the sky train all the way down Sukhumvit to the end..then a taxi for a min or two,,,,anyone recall, maybe it is still there...Tks..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    Many years ago..I went to a sauna,,forget the name, help??? I took the sky train all the way down Sukhumvit to the end..then a taxi for a min or two,,,,anyone recall, maybe it is still there...Tks..
    BTS has been expanded from there multiple times, but I guess this was very old end at Onnut (beside a big tesco-though that may have opened only later). There are/have been mutliple saunaś in this residential area with low rents for new buildings. From what i recall (but I am certainly not someone who remember that all) noone has survived for a very long time-they change name/location when first cheap lease/rent expires.
    Frankly, going after sweet memories from such a long time ago will only lead to disappointment-except for maybe pointing: this is where I once..........

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    The Beach Resort in Sukhumvit Soi 71 = Pridee Panomyong, moved to a new place still in Sukhumvit Soi 71 a few years ago.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (May 27th, 2022)

Liked

Shouldn't the title of this thread be updated considering that Babylon has been closed for a couple of years now? Just asking.

Liked

Re: Is Babylon Sauna rumored to close soon? [Now permanently closed]

Quote Originally Posted by Patanawet View Post
    Shouldn't the title of this thread be updated considering that Babylon has been closed for a couple of years now? Just asking.
    The thread title has been updated to reflect the current position. While here, I thought I would add a selection of contrasting photos from the sauna’s facebook page.

BA01.jpg

BA02.jpg

BA03.jpg

BA04.jpg

BA05.jpg
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (May 21st, 2022), Patanawet (May 21st, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Is Babylon Sauna rumored to close soon? [Now permanently closed]

...photos are rather depressing...wish you hadnt posted them...