Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Babylon Sauna rumored to close soon? [Now permanently closed]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Is Babylon Sauna rumored to close soon?

Saunas across the world represent another victim of the apps. Just like go go bars.

I for one miss them. And Babylon was the best by a mile.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (May 4th, 2022), gerefan2 (May 2nd, 2022)

Liked

On this note, can any BKK resident/recent visitor in here provide any info regarding the current situation of the gay saunas in the city?

Was Babylon the only one to close? Have the crowds returned in the other saunas? I guess you have go around with a mask on while in there.
    Have the farangs started to concentrate in any specific sauna now that Babylon is gone?

A detailed post/blogpost like the ones Christian used to do would be very useful now for those of us who used to frequent saunas and are looking to visit BKK this summer.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Iam afraid-or know for nearly sure, that such a wonder will not happen. Der Chr himself has told many times he will not visit sauna in BKK again (and I agree-much better the few in provincial cities).
    I have read a week or 2-3 ago some other report in another forum (worldwide, used to be good on TH-but that was many yrs ago) someone visited one in suburban BKk (way far from Silom)-this has halved in size and ´crowd (I never really encountered big crowds when I went to sauna-many yrs ago) also halved.
    That chain that discriminates farang-and even more elder-by charging them doubled/5-fold entry prices seems to be doing well-seeing their ads etc on Thai sites and some reviews. That probably sums it up..........

Liked

I am going to travel to Bangkok this summer. I learned that Babylon sauna is closed

What is the best sauna in Bangkok now ? I would like to meet young local guys

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Saunas across the world represent another victim of the apps. Just like go go bars.

I for one miss them. And Babylon was the best by a mile.
    I loved Babylon in its first incarnation at the top of the soi. Far more Thais than farang in the early years and most of them young. By the time it was established in its second much larger location the balance seemed to change with often more farang than Thais.

I think it was around that time that Chakran off Soi Aree opened. In its early days it really was a piece of heaven and on a par with the first Babylon. Filled with younger Thais, with quite a few either looking for or perfectly happy to hook up with farang. Although a lot smaller than Babylon at that time, with its Moroccan theme, small swimming pool, extra large jacuzzi and steam room plus all the other usual sauna facilities it was a great place to visit. I'm not sure when it changed to become much more Thai for Thai or Thai for Asian but I am told there are now very few farang. If memory serves, it was the first sauna to offer an all nude area.

Heaven near the river end of Silom is stilll open. Accordingly to my bf he's been told by some of his friends that there are still more than a few farang around.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes, the old Babylon was the best, even if its maze of staircases was an intellectual challenge. The Obelisk was a pleasant environment- perhaps even luxurious- but didn't seem much of a hunting-ground for falangs. I believe it was closed by the police.....I don't know why.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

i will miss babylon...loved the fact it was more than a sex venue...i could spend the whole day there...relax by the pool...enjoy a few drinks...moren than adequate restaurant...not going to pretend itb was great food....good sex...id arrive around 10am...leave after 7pm...enjoyed the occaional foam party..

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    I loved Babylon in its first incarnation at the top of the soi. Far more Thais than farang in the early years and most of them young. By the time it was established in its second much larger location the balance seemed to change with often more farang than Thais.
    I never experienced this first version of Babylon, but I guess it must been what gave Babylon the reputation of the "sauna-to-go" in Bangkok. As for me, in my last 6 years of traveling to Bangkok, I never enjoyed Babylon that much. The facilities were great but It was getting overrun by farangs well into their retirement years, and the number of young locals was decreasing on each visit. Even in a smaller saunas like Mania in Silom, albeit more run-down, I could always find 1-2 young Thais to have fun with. The only occasions I liked Babylon was during their Songran's foam parties, but that was mostly because of more young people being in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    I think it was around that time that Chakran off Soi Aree opened. In its early days it really was a piece of heaven and on a par with the first Babylon. Filled with younger Thais, with quite a few either looking for or perfectly happy to hook up with farang. Although a lot smaller than Babylon at that time, with its Moroccan theme, small swimming pool, extra large jacuzzi and steam room plus all the other usual sauna facilities it was a great place to visit. I'm not sure when it changed to become much more Thai for Thai or Thai for Asian but I am told there are now very few farang. If memory serves, it was the first sauna to offer an all nude area.
    Never went to Chakran. Heard their facilities are good, but that the crowd lacks young local twinks.
    I would say my favorite sauna in Bangkok is R3 in Rama IX. I think it might have a new name name now.
    I used to go there during their O-party nights. The place would get packed. It was 90-95% Thai and Chinese, majority of them young and slim.
    Yes, a good chunk of them were sticky rice, but just because of the large crowd, I was always able to find a few guys that enjoyed my company and you could still off one of their models/performers after their sex show, even if you didn't find anyone interested in you. So, it was almost guaranteed fun for the night. They also used to have foam parties for Songran and it would get completely jam packed, even more than at Babylon.

I know there is another sauna in Bangkok that does some sort of masked party night. Went once, but don't remember then name.

Anyway, as long as masks will be required inside, saunas will lose much of their appeal. I tried a few last year in Europe and the Sates where you had to go around with a mask on. It takes away so much from the cruising experience.

10. User who gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (May 6th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Has anyone got any news of Sansuk in Pattaya?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Has been closed for a few years.

They had a notice on the door saying opening in either January or February but it never happened and the notice disappeared.

Was still closed when I left Pattaya at the end of March