Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is Babylon Sauna rumored to close soon? [Now permanently closed]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Is Babylon Sauna rumored to close soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Do you remember a short-lived sauna a few metres along from Solid Boys, off Soi Tarntawan?

YES, was there in once. Dirty, unkempt, empty-as so often, but it must have been some 20 yrs ago as around that period I often went with a sweet guy from one of the bars close by and we simply used it as short time room. It was too short lived to be able to attract stable patronage-plus that normal Thai (certainly in that time) would shun this area completely.
    Oh-before that, so must have been <2000, a bar of great fame set up new and even bigger/greater building further on in that soi-opposite where Nature Boy later came. Name does not now spring to my mind, but it was famous. Also failed miserably in a very short time-none would come over there.

And what about The Colony? did you ever go there?
    Perhaps, but I´ve quite forgotten where this one once was
    xyz-added in between

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    Many years ago..I went to a sauna,,forget the name, help??? I took the sky train all the way down Sukhumvit to the end..then a taxi for a min or two,,,,anyone recall, maybe it is still there...Tks..
    BTS has been expanded from there multiple times, but I guess this was very old end at Onnut (beside a big tesco-though that may have opened only later). There are/have been mutliple saunaś in this residential area with low rents for new buildings. From what i recall (but I am certainly not someone who remember that all) noone has survived for a very long time-they change name/location when first cheap lease/rent expires.
    Frankly, going after sweet memories from such a long time ago will only lead to disappointment-except for maybe pointing: this is where I once..........

Liked

Shouldn't the title of this thread be updated considering that Babylon has been closed for a couple of years now? Just asking.

Liked

Re: Is Babylon Sauna rumored to close soon? [Now permanently closed]

Quote Originally Posted by Patanawet View Post
    Shouldn't the title of this thread be updated considering that Babylon has been closed for a couple of years now? Just asking.
    The thread title has been updated to reflect the current position. While here, I thought I would add a selection of contrasting photos from the sauna’s facebook page.

BA01.jpg

BA02.jpg

BA03.jpg

BA04.jpg

BA05.jpg
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (May 21st, 2022), Patanawet (May 21st, 2022)

Liked

One of the Babylons (either original site or the replacement in the same soi, is now le Bouchon French restaurant, moved from Patpong 2.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

One of the Babylons (either original site or the replacement in the same soi, is now le Bouchon French restaurant, moved from Patpong 2.
    So you can still get a good gobble there?!

8. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (May 20th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    Oh-before that, so must have been <2000, a bar of great fame set up new and even bigger/greater building further on in that soi-opposite where Nature Boy later came. Name does not now spring to my mind, but it was famous. Also failed miserably in a very short time-none would come over there.
    As discussed earlier, that was Barbiery in its second incarnation after it moved out of Suriwong. Whereas at Suriwong it was a wonderful and hugely successful bar, in that large building opposite Nature Boys it was a disaster. For reasons which I totally fail to understand, the owner got every single thing wrong and it quickly died.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Is Babylon Sauna rumored to close soon? [Now permanently closed]

...photos are rather depressing...wish you hadnt posted them...

Liked

Looking at the photos above, I'm so sorry I never made it to either of the Babylon incarnations (my excuse always was " I don't want to see a load of people with bodies like mine".

Yesterday (Friday) lunchtime I did venture to the relocated le Bouchon restaurant. I was late meeting my friends so I took the underground to Lumpinee and walked to soi Nam Duplee planning to walk past Malaysia Hotel etc.
    As it was getting later and later (searching for an ATM), I hopped on a motorbike taxi and said "Babylon-- now ran ahahn" he said "yes, yes I know"
    30 seconds later we were there -- it was on the corner, very modern and bright. So unlike its previous location in Patpong 2;
    inside there was plenty of space -- very bright and with the original Parisian prints on the walls.
    There is an outside area but as it was VERY hot coupled with the start of rainy season we sat inside.
    The place was nearly full (there is also an upstairs floor to be opened later).
    The staff were incredibly friendly (some, I read in an earlier posting, came from the Patpong shop).

My friends had a fish dish or salad Nicoise whilst I a vegetarian had pasta (with the staff fussing around - can I eat eggs, cheese etc.)
    The food was , as expected, delicious but maybe not cheap (set 2 course lunch at 480 Baht).
    The three of us were delighted with the experience and now look forward to an evening meal there (we were occasional, if not frequent, visitors to the Patpong premises).

I was tempted to explain to the waitress the previous goings on at that site but valuing her sensitivity and the fact that people were eating, I decided not to.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (May 27th, 2022), Oliver2 (May 21st, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    Many years ago..I went to a sauna,,forget the name, help??? I took the sky train all the way down Sukhumvit to the end..then a taxi for a min or two,,,,anyone recall, maybe it is still there...Tks..
    The Beach Resort in Sukhumvit Soi 71 = Pridee Panomyong, moved to a new place still in Sukhumvit Soi 71 a few years ago.

14. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (May 27th, 2022)