Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Is Babylon Sauna rumored to close soon? [Now permanently closed]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Is Babylon Sauna rumored to close soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Patanawet View Post
    One of the Babylons (either original site or the replacement in the same soi, is now le Bouchon French restaurant, moved from Patpong 2.
    Looking at the photos above, I'm so sorry I never made it to either of the Babylon incarnations (my excuse always was " I don't want to see a load of people with bodies like mine".

Yesterday (Friday) lunchtime I did venture to the relocated le Bouchon restaurant. I was late meeting my friends so I took the underground to Lumpinee and walked to soi Nam Duplee planning to walk past Malaysia Hotel etc.
    As it was getting later and later (searching for an ATM), I hopped on a motorbike taxi and said "Babylon-- now ran ahahn" he said "yes, yes I know"
    30 seconds later we were there -- it was on the corner, very modern and bright. So unlike its previous location in Patpong 2;
    inside there was plenty of space -- very bright and with the original Parisian prints on the walls.
    There is an outside area but as it was VERY hot coupled with the start of rainy season we sat inside.
    The place was nearly full (there is also an upstairs floor to be opened later).
    The staff were incredibly friendly (some, I read in an earlier posting, came from the Patpong shop).

My friends had a fish dish or salad Nicoise whilst I a vegetarian had pasta (with the staff fussing around - can I eat eggs, cheese etc.)
    The food was , as expected, delicious but maybe not cheap (set 2 course lunch at 480 Baht).
    The three of us were delighted with the experience and now look forward to an evening meal there (we were occasional, if not frequent, visitors to the Patpong premises).

I was tempted to explain to the waitress the previous goings on at that site but valuing her sensitivity and the fact that people were eating, I decided not to.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (May 27th, 2022), Oliver2 (May 21st, 2022)