List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, it seems that congratulations are in order for one of our members .......

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: So, it seems that congratulations are in order for one of our members .......

...traditional naturally...sans underwear...

2. User who gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (February 17th, 2021)

Liked

Re: So, it seems that congratulations are in order for one of our members .......

Congratulations to scottish-guy and his boyfriend!

4. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...traditional naturally...sans underwear...
    It's amazing how Latin is usually very observant...
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    weddings pics would be nice...

*Half* of each pic would be nice - the other half would be appalling

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Nice one, guys.

Congratulations!

I'd love to hear about the ceremony.
    Mid CoVid is definitely the best (and cheapest) time to get married - only 2 witnesses allowed and no reception possible

9. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (February 22nd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

..sooooo scottish...now tell them how copper wire was invented...

11. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (February 22nd, 2021)

Liked

Lucky for you Scottish Guy! Even though I am a true Aberdonian (in Scotland they call us mean!), when I brought my boyfriend over to live with me in London in 2006 (we met when he worked in My Life for Happiness Bar in Boyztown, Pattaya) we had one of the first Civil Partnership ceremonies in Chelsea Town Hall and a big celebration in a bar called The Speaker, near the Houses of Parliament in Westminster. Needless to say the partnership lasted less than a year and he announced he was bored with living in the UK and wanted to go back to Thailand. I have never seen or heard from him since! I am sure your relationship will last a great deal longer SG, and I wish you both all the very best.

Liked

I've heard similar stories over the years.

Taking a guy out of his culture is fraught with danger. Not only is he without his family, he is also without friends of his own age. Homesickness is a big problem. Plus with Asians, their food is really important.

It's a tough ask and not all boyfriends can cope. I think it takes a special type of person to leave everything behind and start a new life in an unfamiliar environment.

In SG's case I think they've been together quite a while. (Am I right?) And I think they sometimes returned to his boyfriend's country. If I ever brought a guy back to Australia to live with me (I wouldn't) I'd send him home every 6 months or so. That way he wouldn't feel trapped if he got homesick.
    Last edited by a447; February 22nd, 2021 at 13:27.

14. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (February 22nd, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I've heard similar stories over the years.

Taking a guy out of his culture is fraught with danger. Not only is he without his family, he is also without friends of his own age. Homesickness is a big problem. Plus with Asians, their food is really important.
    According to Matt’s theory of fitting in, all the guy needs to do is become reasonably fluent in English. Heaven forbid that he should try to make himself at home among other fellow ex-pats in a Thai ghetto.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...I've had front row experience of much much worse...silly old wrinkly smelly man imports much younger asian number ....so deeply in love wrinkly was...besotted...they settle down as man and man...all paperwork in order...a few months over the 2 year period when he's entitled to half of his...he does just that...and leaves

17. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (February 22nd, 2021)