Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Day in Lockdown

Forum's veteran
    Liked

A Day in Lockdown

I’m writing this with two people in mind.
    Firstly frequen...sorry StevieisWonderful who believes anyone in Pattaya is just there for boom boom. See his remarks about Playboy magazine in another thread.

And secondly, and far more importantly, to make St. Arsenal insanely jealous to the point of apoplexy.

As we are currently permitted to travel anywhere in Chonburi (a huge area) I thought I would take the opportunity to ride out and visit Bang Sean Beach which I have read about on here and other places. It far exceeded my expectations.

It’s about 55 km North of Pattaya just before you reach Chonburi. Quickest way is along the number 3 road which is Sukumvit. Normally a road I avoid like the plague (sorry!) but now it’s quiet and sensible. Takes a little over an hour on the Bike.

Bang Sean, like Pattaya, is deserted. Most places are closed but plenty are open for the essentials and to cater for the odd visitor.

Below are some pics of the beach and the local town. All very impressive.

Two highlights of this trip. The first was a meal in a beautiful resort place just beyond the beach and second a visit to Monkey Hill which is just above the town. Fortunately the monkeys know their place and do not interfere with you...unlike the apes in Gibraltar.

First few pics are the beach area, then the general town followed by the eating place. Finally the monkeys.

Nirish...any chance you could knock out 3 Hail Marys and 10 Our Fathers in the hope this lockdown won’t get any worse. TIA.

2. 23 Users gave Like to post:

Andaman! (January 8th, 2021), arsenal (January 7th, 2021), Aux1010 (January 8th, 2021), Brad the Impala (January 7th, 2021), christianpfc (January 7th, 2021), dab69 (January 7th, 2021), daydreamer (January 8th, 2021), dinagam (January 7th, 2021), Dodger (January 11th, 2021), dubdavie (January 8th, 2021), goji (January 7th, 2021), Jellybean (January 7th, 2021), lukylok (January 8th, 2021), Moses (January 7th, 2021), Nirish guy (January 8th, 2021), pennyboy (January 9th, 2021), seenus (January 7th, 2021), siscu58 (January 8th, 2021), Smiles (January 8th, 2021), TaoR (January 8th, 2021), Up2U (January 23rd, 2021), vnman (January 8th, 2021), Zebedee (January 7th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: A Day in Lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I’m writing this with two people in mind.
    Firstly frequen...sorry StevieisWonderful who believes anyone in Pattaya is just there for boom boom. See his remarks about Playboy magazine in another thread.
    On the contrary gerefan2 I’m considerably entertained that you and goji have expended time, money and effort and endured 2 weeks in quarantine merely, so you claim, to avoid the English winter. But please do continue with your rich fantasy life.

Liked

Fucking glorious. It's hitting minus 10 in the UK in some parts and while I an indeed beyond insanely jealous I'm also pleased and will enjoy your time vicariously as will most here I think.

Read the zillion platinum selling Easy Rider thread for some fantastic out of the way places to try and find or have a wonderful time trying to find. The Mountain Cafe Zoo is simply a delight.

And please lots of photos and have as much fun as you can and anyone who doesn't like it doesn't need to read it.

This may well turn out to be one of your most memorable trips and strange though it may sound one of your best.

5. 8 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (January 7th, 2021), Andaman! (January 8th, 2021), Dodger (January 11th, 2021), gerefan2 (January 7th, 2021), goji (January 7th, 2021), Jellybean (January 7th, 2021), seenus (January 7th, 2021), TaoR (January 8th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Nice to hear someone supporting Thai businesses enjoyably in person.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dab69 View Post
    “businesses”? The plural noun? I could see only a single reference to actually spending money in a Thai business (the meal) although the reference to the “Bike” may imply some small coins changing hands.

Liked

Nirish...any chance you could knock out 3 Hail Marys and 10 Our Fathers in the hope this lockdown won’t get any worse. TIA.
    You'd be better off praying directly to the man himself...St Arsenal...he can work miracles.

Nice photos.

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 7th, 2021), gerefan2 (January 7th, 2021)

Liked

Thanks for posting the photos Gerefan2.

I really must get that motorcycle license. Whilst it's possible to get all over Thailand and out to some rural locations, my own transport would make it easier.

Or, I suppose I could just hire the bike and keep generously donating to the police, like N Irish.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 7th, 2021), Nirish guy (January 8th, 2021)

Liked

Congratulations to getting to Thailand and through quarantine!

Bang Saen is indeed worth a visit (I have been twice and would go again). I think the most interesting place there is the Buddhist Hell Garden Wang Saen Suk.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dab69 View Post
    If only Thailand would have been open.

My friend almost went into quarantine on the 18 of Dec. so he could enjoy a month of Thailand in January. He is very happy he didn't go.

I cannot wait to pump some money in the Thai economy (of course) for some specific entrepreneurs :-)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

You certainly can - but you'll have to give me a while to go and find a priest to and either get him to convert me or to bribe him to say them for me as usually my attempts ended up something along the lines of "Hail Mary full of grapes" or something like that !!! :-)

Great pics btw - well, terrible from a Covid point of view but as I'm sitting here working, number crunching ever dwindling resources thanks to Covid myself and looking out my office window at the snow on the ground you DEFINITELY made the right decision to get the hell out of here !

Also as our / Dublins Covid numbers are currently going through the roof it seems getting out of there for THAT reason too was also a sound decision I think !)