Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The UK. The view from afar.

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: The UK. The view from afar.

I read the OP’s post as a plea for information about COVID and the UK. Inevitably it’s turned into yet more “I hate Brexit”.

However what that post does reveal is a profound ignorance of the UK response - because there isn’t one. Devolution has meant that there are separate Welsh and Scottish responses. Even in England because of a messy attempt to lock down some regions harder than others there’s what’s colloquially referred to as a “postcode lottery” response.

As for the “United” bit of the Kingdom, La Sturgeon is going all out to differentiate Scotland’s response as a precursor to a second referendum on independence. Had the OP been not quite so keen on bullying, belittling and traducing a certain member of that ilk he might have got the first-hand posts telling him that which he craves.

Liked

Ignoring the above post. Regardless of however many prinary sources are available in Bangkok, it's not in the UK.

To those who are. The country does seem to be leading the way with vaccinating the population. More than 10% have had the jab. This compares with less than half that for the next highest in Europe, Malta with 4.5%.

Everything else is hard to picture which is why I requested first hand accounts.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Everything else is hard to picture which is why I requested first hand accounts.
    Yes c’mon all you UK residents allowed to go outside for non-essential purposes. Pop down to your local vaccination centre and do a head count for arsenal. Otherwise I guess your reading/watching of the same mass media sources available to the rest of us wherever we are in the world might suffice because you’re local.

Liked

Supermarket shelves.
    Petrol stations.
    Parks. Walking the dog etc.
    Food deliveries.
    The neighbours.

Post 11 clearly written by someone mightily fucked off at getting up at 4.00am.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Post 11 clearly written by someone mightily fucked off at getting up at 4.00am.
    Not really - I’m usually up for the last hour of trading on the NYSE.

Liked

Of course you are.

Liked

OK arsenal here's me - I'm in Manchester

Vaccination
    Had my first shot. Don’t regard myself as vaccinated until I’ve had my second shot so I take "10% vaccinated" with a grain of salt as we don’t know how many won’t bother. I worry about the delay for the second shot. Sounds too much like politicians dicking around to create spin and illusion and good news stories

Supermarket shelves & food deliveries
    No idea about the former as I get everything home delivered by the Co-op. I believe in cooking for myself and find I can live remarkable cheaply. Did you know you can cook a meal of scrambled eggs (2), a rasher of bacon and a smidgeon of milk for much less than one pound? No need for expensive food deliveries

Petrol stations
    Don't drive, live close in, retired

Parks. Walking the dog etc.
    No dog - what would I do with it when I go to Pattaya? Parks I maybe can sit in but the latest lockdown rules mean I can only go out once a day to exercise alone. No picking up rent boys also out cruising. I usually walk to the Alan Turing Memorial and back home when the weather isn't too foul. Otherwise I listen to the wireless and I have recently discovered podcasts. Somebody posted a good list here a little while ago. And Netflix

The neighbours
    Curtain twitchers one and all. I usually give a them cheery wave when the latest rent boy arrives on my doorstep but that hasn't been happening so much of late

Dave

8. 5 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 27th, 2021), goji (January 27th, 2021), Jellybean (January 27th, 2021), Lotusleaf (January 27th, 2021), TaoR (April 2nd, 2021)

Liked

Much appreciated wingnut.

Liked

I usually give a them cheery wave when the latest rent boy arrives on my doorstep
    Lol

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    OK arsenal here's me - I'm in Manchester

Vaccination
    Had my first shot. Don’t regard myself as vaccinated until I’ve had my second shot so I take "10% vaccinated" with a grain of salt as we don’t know how many won’t bother. I worry about the delay for the second shot. Sounds too much like politicians dicking around to create spin and illusion and good news stories
    There's a graph somewhere in the Pfizer results that shows the vaccine is pretty effective from 10 days after the first jab.
    So government policy to carry on dishing out first doses is sound.