Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: When will Thailand and the world re-open for tourism? Speculation Time

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: When will Thailand and the world re-open for tourism? Speculation Time

Just how are they going to administer the system? By the time it is introduced millions may have been vaccinated but how many will get a certificate? Any which certificate will be “approved” by the Thai “authorities”?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The obvious way is digitally. I had my first vaccination on Saturday and asked this question of the doctor. I assume that it would be similar to the manner in which certain countries stop the unwanted from travelling to their countries. Tickets electronically matched against data bases in visitors' countries, perhaps at the point of sale , or when boarding passes are issued. Or not.
    I assume that potential visitors would have to agree to this process each time it is done to comply with privacy laws.
    The opposite happens with the "no fly" lists that operate in the USA. If there is a process that prevents flying, then there must be one that permits flying.

No Platformed
    Liked

Here’s the Greek version (allegedly). No vaccination required

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/how...sitors-summer/

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I note the thread refers to Thailand and the world. Currently, parts of the world are increasing restrictions. Probably due to virus mutations.

The UK is considering quarantine hotels.
    Apparently 80% of the British population are in favour of quarantine hotels
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ster-holidays/

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post

New Zealand has an interesting variant - anyone can leave but those who want to return must undergo 14 days’ mandatory quarantine at their own expense.
    It's pretty much the same for us expats in Thailand.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

When you read the likes of the below I guess there is a case for quarantine hotels in any / every Country just now.

"A 61 year old British man, who arrived in Thailand on December 25th and entered state quarantine in Chonburi province. He developed muscle pains on the 28th and tested positive for COVID-19 the following day. He experienced difficulty in breathing and his condition worsened until his death on January 24th."

The problem here being that the British man they've mentioned must obviously have had a negative test up to 72 hours before he departed for Thailand on Christmas day but then developed symptoms of some sort just three days later in his hotel.

I guess whether he actually HAD Covid or not on leaving the UK or did he perhaps catch it when travelling / or on arrival in Thailand we'll never know, but i'm guessing if Thai's weren't happy about us Brits arriving there in general due to their worries about the "British Variant" of the virus then I'm sure headlines like this wont help to alleviate their fears or encourage them to ease their restrictions either.

source : https://www.thaipbsworld.com/two-new...ecorded-today/

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I guess whether he actually HAD Covid or not on leaving the UK or did he perhaps catch it when travelling / or on arrival in Thailand we'll never know,

source : https://www.thaipbsworld.com/two-new...ecorded-today/
    I saw something today which said he was in good health when he was in the UK.
    He reported to relatives that the taxi driver was coughing badly all the way too the airport.....

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yep thats what I meant that the guy had perhaps taken all the right steps and was (maybe) Covid free on travelling so could have done no more to take care of things as he was meant to ( well except just not travelling of course), but either way he still it seems picked up Covid SOMEWHERE along his travels, which is I guess a sign that as much as it's a pain hotel isolation on arrival is a reasonable precaution for Countries to insist on enforcing just now when agreeing to let travellers land at all in their Country :-(

I see it looks like the UK government are about to propose hotel isolation for arrival from certain countries here in the UK later on today perhaps and I'm already reading people who are travelling from South Africa on complaining that they wont comply "when they've a perfect good house here that they could be staying in" and I quote....

"The idea of having to quarantine in a hotel when we eventually manage to get home is "absolutely absurd". We are booked to return on 16 Feb, and there is no way we can or will stay in a hotel to quarantine when I have my own place and we can quarantine there, as we have done in the past"

Them missing the whole point of we dont CARE if it "suits them of not" or if they're "ok" with it as the whole point is to enable the State to carefully monitor them after their 14 days after arrival ( although the question of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted is a valid one I guess !) I think I'd be helping them with their decision by simply refusing them entry full stop.

So typical of people from the West and our ever more "entitled" attitudes where we think we can and will tell the Government how it's going to be and they are simply going to have to accommodate our demand and requirements !

9. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (January 26th, 2021)

Liked

I get my 2nd vaccinine injection tomorrow...the only document I have is a small 4" x 4" card, with name,,virus med name, date given, and it
    says CDC at the top...this is far from anything official looking that any country would probably accept for entry...

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Although, although. As if false positives in covid tests wren't complicating enough. If you have had a vaccine which has stimulated antibodies in your blood, doesn't that mean you will be positive in any covid tests?