Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: When will Thailand and the world re-open for tourism? Speculation Time

Liked

Re: When will Thailand and the world re-open for tourism? Speculation Time

Correct me please if I am wrong but even someone who is vaccinated can still pass on the virus?
    So vaccine needed for hosts and their guests?..

So a return to a decent type of tourism, I predict:

Late 2021 early 2022..

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by homeseeker View Post
    Correct me please if I am wrong but even someone who is vaccinated can still pass on the virus? So vaccine needed for hosts and their guests?..
    The medical experts say it’s unclear, which is why the next few months which are sometimes referred to as Phase 4 will prove it one way or the other.

3. User who gave Like to post:

wingnut (January 26th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marc K View Post
    Here's the rub -- the longer the world dawdles around with vaccination attempts, the more likely it is that a nasty mutation will pop up which resets progress in vaccine development, perhaps nearly wiping out the current progress.
    I think this is correct, but is still a low probability outcome.

I expect Thailand will make a major effort to reopen for tourism when the older people and entire families of the ruling classes have been vaccinated, in the last third of the year.

For next winter, if I have been vaccinated, then I'll be prepared to consider countries with both low and high infection rates. So that might widen the list of options.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

..experts dontb seem to know much...mzaybe we do need a syringe and some janola...omg...oirange small handed cry baby was right...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ..experts dontb seem to know much...mzaybe we do need a syringe and some janola...omg...oirange small handed cry baby was right...

Careful, you're in danger of becoming overly coherent.

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (January 26th, 2021), Dodger (January 26th, 2021), wingnut (January 26th, 2021)

Liked

I note the thread refers to Thailand and the world. Currently, parts of the world are increasing restrictions. Probably due to virus mutations.

The UK is considering quarantine hotels. Now whilst this might make sense for arrivals from high risk countries, it would be potty to apply such a rule to arrivals from low risk countries like Thailand.

There is probably more risk of a mutation in any small UK city than the whole of Thailand. Yet they: are not proposing quarantine for domestic movements

If anyone would like to contact their UK MP about this, the e-mail address can be found here: https://members.parliament.uk/members/Commons

Bear in mind, such restrictions may affect your mobility later in the year and will increase financial stress on the airlines and other businesses that facilitate travel.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I note the thread refers to Thailand and the world. Currently, parts of the world are increasing restrictions. Probably due to virus mutations.
    I was thinking more about the interdependencies - for the travelling sodomite there seems little point in their own country being open but Thailand not, and vice versa.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I note the thread refers to Thailand and the world. Currently, parts of the world are increasing restrictions.
    Yeah, Canada is currently debating whether or not to follow in Australia's lead and prohibit anyone from leaving the country.

Right now you're highly advised to stay in Canada, but you can still leave if you want. They're thinking of changing that though so you need a government exemption to travel out of country. Not sure if that's even legal, but whatever...

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Yeah, Canada is currently debating whether or not to follow in Australia's lead and prohibit anyone from leaving the country.
    New Zealand has an interesting variant - anyone can leave but those who want to return must undergo 14 days’ mandatory quarantine at their own expense.

No Platformed
    Liked

Thai tourism "spokesmen" are once again floating the idea of vaccinated tourists being allowed to enter freely. The "thought bubble" is set out in an article dated today from Coconuts Bangkok

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/tha...e-free-travel/