Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

View Poll Results: Would you support a no carry on item policy?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, let's get it over with and start debating its implementation.

15 44.12%
  • NEVER! The government is obliged to see to my safety and right to carry safe items.

19 55.88%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would You Support a No Carry-on Item Policy?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar
    Personnaly, I think that total nudity in flight with compulsory anal inspection before boarding is the only feasible solution. Can't wait.
    Is this a Chinese custom? Given your challenged height, aren't you worried that the anal probe might pass right through your mouth, m'dear? They might insist that you travel in cargo.

Welcome back, dearie. I thought we had finally shaken the FILTH of Chinese customs, sorry, I mean dust, off our shoes on this board but even little old Sybil can be wrong sometimes.

Liked
    until the airline can assure me that my expensive camera equipment and computer, when I travel with it, won't be lost, stolen, or broken in the checked luggage there's no way in hell I am packing those items in my checked bag.

Northstar

Ditto Thrope. Has Norff-London been in Choinar? Taking adavantage of the great "our boys will support you" special has he?

Banned carry-ons

I would personally support a ban on carry-on babies and small children.

Liked

How about "nam man moo" (lard asses)?

I propose that all the airlines place two steel posts at the gateways and those persons who are horizontally challenged can't get on the plane unless their ass (and the rest of them) fits between the posts.
    Quite annoying when the person next to you is occupying his seat and half of yours.
    :drunken:

Liked

Re: How about "nam man moo" (lard asses)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    ... I propose that all the airlines place two steel posts at the gateways and those persons who are horizontally challenged can't get on the plane unless their ass (and the rest of them) fits between the posts.
    Quite annoying when the person next to you is occupying his seat and half of yours
    .... "
    With an expectation like that Bob, you're going to be highly disappointed when flying Isaan Air ( http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 7002#87002 ).

Cheers ... :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked: 1
    I hope that my posts will be of use.

Ridiculous idea.
    Airlines lose checked luggage all the time.
    You would have to be daft not to carry your essentials with you, certainly your wallet and anything that you absolutely couldn't deal with being lost.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    I'm somewhat torn on this one. I don't have a desire to become fish food on my way to LOS and riding a fireball to my next life would be a LONG ways down my list, too, but this knee-jerk way we have of reacting after something tragic happens is also discouraging.

I didn't spend a lot of time researching global numbers on this, but think about it for a minute: According to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics for the period ending May of this year, there were 658,000,000 people on 10,321 flights in the United States (representing data of the 12 months ending May 2006). Add to that the rest of the world's air flights and I'd imagine you'd get some staggering numbers.

With those numbers in mind, what are the odds of being on a flight where you'd be killed, anyway? I guess that's being a bit fatalistic about it, but just as food for thought. If I let air disasters in general get to me I'd be like my brother, who hasn't set foot on a plane since 1973.

There has to be SOME semblance of security, of course... but when all of the contracts are being awarded to the lowest bidder, we aren't all that safe even with it.

And, by the way -- The Transportation Security Administration states that you CAN take items from duty free shops for direct flights only delivered to the passenger at the jet bridge by Duty Free personnel.

http://www.tsa.gov/
    http://www.transtats.bts.gov/

Liked
    It's interesting to see how the tide has turned with this poll.

At the start, I seem to recall it was roughly two-to-one in favour of the "no carry on" idea. That has gradually but consistently turned around until today a majority opposes it.

I guess that the further we get away in time from the latest scare, the more relaxed we again become.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]