Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Masks

Liked

Re: Masks

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Dear Laos NGO dude.
    I'm a blind Canadian who was recently deported from Thailand. Would that be the sort of chap you'd be looking for to build up your technical infrastructure?

Form an orderly queue gentlemen.
    See, now you put me into a predicament. If I went off explaining why I don't believe it would be difficult to land a gig with an NGO you'd scoff at me with, "yeah right Matt, dream on buddy... I'm sure that's true", so what can a guy do?

Doubt I would have any issue landing a gig with an NGO, and they'd be happy to have me. Now landing one with reputable NGO who has operations in Laos, both a need for and willingness to have me in Laos, the whillingness to request the Laos government request they permit me entry, and be reputable enough that the Laos government would actually listen.... well, that's a bit of a tall order.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post

sunglasses are of little help...best thing is if everyone was forced to wear face masks, would stop them from expelling the virus...
    I know, I already purchased one (see link) but Jai refuses to go to dinner with me when I'm wearing it.

https://www.amazon.com/Seamless-Wind...1488997&sr=8-3

3. User who gave Like to post:

goji (January 24th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Doubt I would have any issue landing a gig with an NGO, and they'd be happy to have me. Now landing one with reputable NGO who has operations in Laos, .......
    Oh I dont know as I beleive after receiving such bad press in the media of late about such stories that most NGO's are now HYPER sensitive to their their staff in the Countries they're sent to fucking the locals !

And even more so perhaps to their staff setting up house and inviting either one or several twinks to "live in" with said staff member - I think the mere hint of some Gary Glitter style expose´ in national papers back at home would be enough to have then running a mile from such "kind offers of assistance" from kind hearted charitable gays like ourselves - and certainly ones who lets face it only want to work for them as it might suit their own (sexual?) needs in the first place anyway - just a thought..

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (January 25th, 2021), StevieWonders (January 24th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Oh I dont know as I beleive after receiving such bad press in the media of late about such stories that most NGO's are now HYPER sensitive to their their staff in the Countries they're sent to fucking the locals !

And even more so perhaps to their staff setting up house and inviting either one or several twinks to "live in" with said staff member - I think the mere hint of some Gary Glitter style expose´ in national papers back at home would be enough to have then running a mile from such "kind offers of assistance" from kind hearted charitable gays like ourselves - and certainly ones who lets face it only want to work for them as it might suit their own (sexual?) needs in the first place anyway - just a thought..
    An excellent point well made. Officially the Lao government discourages sexual cohabitation outside heterosexual marriage and no NGO is going to condone ignoring such a prohibition. Private individuals can generally ignore it with some impunity, individuals associated with Western organisations are unlikely to be given such latitude.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post

Yeah, I know, and like I said, pipe dream. Still going to give it a try though, once I get a few remaining things cleared off my plate. Can't hurt any.

I do know I'm getting tired of Canada though. Back to being a typical Westerner now -- lead a life of quiet desparation so bury your head in work for the once or twice a week you get together with friends / family so you can brag about how well you're doing at work with hopes that will somehow result in happiness. Or a life where the highlight of your week after working for somsone else all week is watching a hockey game on TV Sunday night.

I'm sorry, but I just find that sad. Then everyone thinks I'm delusional for wanting to move back to Asia. "why don't you stay in Canada? it's #1". No....

Liked

"everyone thinks I'm delusional for wanting to move back to Asia."

Erm. That's not the main reason we think you're delusional.

Anyway. All of us are pretty delusional right now. It's our defence against the dark arts of the killer sniffle, the murder martinet, the antibody assassin, the sinus virus...you get the idea.

Liked

Just get the visa, book the flight, do the quarantine then have fun.
    Why bring an NGO into it ?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Just get the visa, book the flight, do the quarantine then have fun.
    Why bring an NGO into it ?

Laos has stricter border controls than Thailand, and I'm not allowed in Thailand until April 2023. Myself and immigration had a slight disgreement.

Plus, the guy I'm going to be living with lives in Vientiane, so there's that.

a

No Platformed
    Liked

I was encouraged to see everyone in this photo was wearing a mask - https://english.alaraby.co.uk/englis...s-in-indonesia