Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Masks

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Masks

Wearing a mask is a no-brainer.

What confuses me is that the majority of people I see are wearing those standard dust collector type masks that you see in Seven Eleven's. Those are OK for stopping you from giving the virus to others - but they won't stop you from getting the virus from others. The masks you want are "KN95" Masks which are rated for "Medical/Hospital Use". I just ordered a resupply of these for Jai and I on Lazada and only paid 70 baht for a box of 10 masks. The prices have come down dramatically since the Big Wave hit early last year.

If you're going to wear the damn things - you may as well wear one that actually works. What a concept!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Wearing a mask is a no-brainer.

What confuses me is that the majority of people I see are wearing those standard dust collector type masks that you see in Seven Eleven's. Those are OK for stopping you from giving the virus to others - but they won't stop you from getting the virus from others. The masks you want are "KN95" Masks which are rated for "Medical/Hospital Use". I just ordered a resupply of these for Jai and I on Lazada and only paid 70 baht for a box of 10 masks. The prices have come down dramatically since the Big Wave hit early last year.

If you're going to wear the damn things - you may as well wear one that actually works. What a concept!
    Yes KN95 or N95 are almost the same thing. KN is to Chinese standards and N USA standards. The fibres are somehow electrostatically charged to capture virus particles

Forum's veteran
    Liked

dodger...now that youn have your mouth/nose avenue taken care of...what steps have you taken where your eyes are concerned??

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    dodger...now that youn have your mouth/nose avenue taken care of...what steps have you taken where your eyes are concerned??
    I don't go anywhere anymore without wearing polarized sunglasses - stopped rubbing my eyes (easier said than done) - don't get close to people (also easier said than done) - and pray like hell this works.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

sunglasses are of little help...best thing is if everyone was forced to wear face masks, would stop them from expelling the virus...

No Platformed
    Liked

I propose making the burqa mandatory for all those whose birth gender is female as well as those who identify as female. There’s half the population covered already.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    sunglasses are of little help...best thing is if everyone was forced to wear face masks, would stop them from expelling the virus...

Yes, they can. Obviously not if you're just wandering around the streets, because then you're just being an idiot. However, if you're on a long-haul flight in an airplane for example, they're useful there as you can get infected through the eyes.

As for masks, I bought myself one of these bad boys, haha.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._qf_asin_il_tl

Doctor's advice. Obviously I don't wear it around town, but will be sporting it when I finally hop on a plane back to Asia. Now just have to wait for the Laos borders to open up again...

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Now just have to wait for the Laos borders to open up again...
    Don’t hold your breath while you’re waiting. Not much if at all before 2022 is my tip.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Don’t hold your breath while you’re waiting. Not much if at all before 2022 is my tip.

Yeah, I know. Even if Laos does open up before then which is quite doubtful, I'm sure they'll require vaccination certificate, and from how things look in Canada I'll be lucky to get a jab anytime this year.

One thought I've had is hitting up NGOs and offering up my services to build up their technical infrastructure in exchange for giving me the essential worker label, but probably a pipe dream.

Liked

Dear Laos NGO dude.
    I'm a blind Canadian who was recently deported from Thailand. Would that be the sort of chap you'd be looking for to build up your technical infrastructure?

Form an orderly queue gentlemen.