Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Masks

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Masks

How to spot the falang!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (January 17th, 2021), Jellybean (January 16th, 2021), siscu58 (January 31st, 2021)

Liked

Re: Masks

To be honest I am quite shocked by the number of farang walking the streets of Pattaya with no mask on at all, or with the mask hanging off their faces. I don't understand why the police are not fining them the 20,000 Baht that Chonburi province has stated for failure to wear a mask.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (January 18th, 2021), Patanawet (January 19th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthrieston View Post
    To be honest I am quite shocked by the number of farang walking the streets of Pattaya with no mask on at all, or with the mask hanging off their faces. I don't understand why the police are not fining them the 20,000 Baht that Chonburi province has stated for failure to wear a mask.
    The problem with such public health orders is that they have to be “broad brush” to cater for the basically stupid (ie. 50%+ of the population). Masks don’t serve much purpose if you’re by yourself in the open air. This is a virus caught by extended contact in confined areas, and that’s where masks are of most benefit. But that’s generally too subtle an option to form the basis of a public health ruling for most people.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I like underwear worn like that in go go bars.
    Usually with more visible excitement.

Liked

I do wish I could find these on the local mask market.

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Patanawet (January 19th, 2021), Smiles (January 18th, 2021), snotface (January 18th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    The problem with such public health orders is that they have to be “broad brush” to cater for the basically stupid (ie. 50%+ of the population). Masks don’t serve much purpose if you’re by yourself in the open air. This is a virus caught by extended contact in confined areas, and that’s where masks are of most benefit. But that’s generally too subtle an option to form the basis of a public health ruling for most people.
    I wonder where you get the fact that "this is a virus caught by EXTENDED contact in confined areas ..." I'd like to see your source please. I have always been informed that inhaling just one droplet from an infected person is enough to give you the virus.

Those not wearing masks are endangering not just their own health but that of others should they have somehow caught the virus but not yet show symptoms.

10. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (January 19th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    I wonder where you get the fact that "this is a virus caught by EXTENDED contact in confined areas ..." I'd like to see your source please. I have always been informed that inhaling just one droplet from an infected person is enough to give you the virus.
    You're confusing two different things - "how the virus is caught" with "probability of catching the virus"

Try some technical reading such as https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3223

Liked

You're confusing two different things - "how the virus is caught" with "probability of catching the virus"

Try some technical reading such as https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3223
    No I am not! As for your BMJ article, given the disastrous rates of infection and death in that country, I would not place much emphasis on an incredibly long article that is almost 5 months old. And if you are not prepared to quote specifically from it, then I am not going to waste a great deal of time reading it.

A January 5 report from the CDC in British Columbia states " Droplets come in a wide range of sizes, from smaller than the width of a hair to larger than a grain of sand. A few large droplets or many small droplets can contain enough virus to infect another person." This guideline is common in the advice of many countries' Disease Control Centres.

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Patanawet (January 19th, 2021), StevieWonders (January 18th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    ... an incredibly long article ... if you are not prepared to quote specifically from it, then I am not going to waste a great deal of time reading it.
    I don't believe there's a Janet & John version.

Liked

I don't believe there's a Janet & John version.
    So you did not wade through it all either.

16. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (January 19th, 2021)