Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: #ParlerShutDown

Liked

#ParlerShutDown

With Google, Apple and now Amazon suspending social media platform Parler’s listing due to unmoderated content, it raises a question that has always been front and center on this Forum when it comes to moderating or not moderating content and the consequences of such.

Ive always been a “live and let” live guy, but when I moderated this Forum I always felt being pulled by both sides. Those that wanted the ability to post or read anything they saw fit...and those that were always reaching out for threads and topics to be moderated...the usual few who couldn’t sleep at night knowing a thread was in the wrong forum or getting a bit off topic.

Well...now that we’ve seen the dangers of letting the wrong people go unmoderated...as in the Parler example...where’s the balance?

Surfcrest

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: #ParlerShutDown

I saw a great phrase this week that sums up the maiden aunts here: lips “puckered like a woebegone anus”. I doubt however that it’s the sort of content that would have Parler no-platformed.

Liked

How much would it cost in time or money to moderate this Forum with the number of posts it receives?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...amazing how fast the left can shut down stuff when they want to...latest is that the cia and fbi and evryone else with a uniform is hunting down the ring leaders of the capitol hill party....yet for months the blm partied all over the US...took over entire city blocks...burnt down police stations..harrassed right wing politicians...and not a peep out of law enforcement...makes me think...much as it disguits me..that trump might just have a point...

Liked

Funny how stupid people use left and right to sort politics into small bites they can understand.

Surfcrest

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

pasiontop (January 18th, 2021), TaoR (January 17th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest View Post
    Funny how stupid people use left and right to sort politics into small bites they can understand.
    I put it in the same category as referring to everyone whose opinion you dislike as “a troll”.

Liked

Bit of a difference here....

We're talking about sexy times with legal age hookers in Thailand. That's all fine and perfectly legal.

They were talking about storming the US Capitol and killing as many police and federal agents as they could while they took politicians hostage and executed them. Then they went and acted on it and beseiged the US capitol for the first time since Canada did it back in 1814. At least they were nice enough to take selfies of themselves doing it though. Saves on the investigator's and prosecutor's time.

Get back to me when the threads start appearing about how all us are going to storm the Thai capital, overthrow the government, and turn Thailand into the gay paradise we know it was meant to be, and then we can talk...

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (January 12th, 2021), TaoR (January 17th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...then why didint they kill...dozens of clips showing them walking into the place..seems like a lot of one sided news...like cnn claiming that the portland takeov er of a few city blocks and burning down a police station was peacefull....wghen one comes across such one sided news ...one starts doubting everything else they broadcast

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...then why didint they kill...dozens of clips showing them walking into the place..seems like a lot of one sided news...like cnn claiming that the portland takeov er of a few city blocks and burning down a police station was peacefull....wghen one comes across such one sided news ...one starts doubting everything else they broadcast
    Again, bit of a difference here. They're protesting about being killed by police just for being black, which like it or not, happens all the time.

Trump supported are rioting because they're absolutely certain there's secret tunnels underneath Central Park where democrats breed babies to drink they're blood. And for some reason, Trump is secretely saving the world from these evil, satanist, baby blood drinking, pedophile democrats. Trump just never mentions this, because you know, he's very humble like that...

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (January 12th, 2021), TaoR (January 17th, 2021)

Liked

PS. I don't know latin, but kinda seems like they were out for blood here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlvo4ioB5P0

I can't see it, but sounds pretty brutal at least. Oh, and again, this happend at the US Capitol building with the intention of overthrowing the US government! Not exactly a JC Penny's.

14. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (January 27th, 2021)