Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baan Souy Resort for sale

Liked

Baan Souy Resort for sale

Baan Souy is for sale (link below). This was my twice yearly place to stay - had some great times.
    https://mobi.thaiproperty.com/reales...sort_9602.html

Liked

Re: Baan Souy Resort for sale

Does it come with the surly receptionist?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

And on the market for B125,000,000 ( just over £3million in UK Sterling) - cheap at half the price eh !

Unfortunately what they didn't say was that all those lovely pics, carefully taken when there were no customers around to ruin the shots were taken last week probably !! :-(

I wonder if sold will it remain "gay".....as I think of late even with the owner it had that tag was starting to gently slip away too even, hence the need for the sale perhaps?

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

The price does seem somewhat unrealistic however, as things continue to change I do think gay resorts here will no longer thrive but making it an all inclusive holiday destination exclusively for Chinese might just work.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    but making it an all inclusive holiday destination exclusively for Chinese might just work.
    My god Id imagine you'd need to be GIVING someone £3 million to take THAT idea on perhaps ! :-( Can you imagine the chaos !

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

I would be nervous of putting my hand to any legal agreement with the vendor.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (December 23rd, 2020), Patanawet (December 23rd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    I would be nervous of putting my hand to any legal agreement with the vendor.
    Yeah, one minute you might think you have a sound deal and the next minute it could be gone again - in a puff of "smoke" ! As things can always change so fast in Thailand it seems.......

9. User who gave Like to post:

Dax (December 23rd, 2020)

Liked

Gosh I am really sad to see this property slip away. Madame Jim put so much of his stylish and elegant design into this place. I know it was/is his pride and joy. He timed the sale of Boys-Boys-Boys (yes with an "s") just right, at the peak of BT's popularity and did a great job with Baan Souy as well, but then COVID struck, the final nail it would appear in what was already a diminishing star. It's location was just not so great, alas, a location neither here nor there, if you get my point. Without an on-grounds playhouse (like Babylon in BKK), there was not so much to keep its (gay) clientele tied to the place, save Madame Jim's kindness and her stable of en-suite 'friendly' staff.

This transaction is just another indication of the sea-change happening in our Sin City, in case anybody needs any more reminding. Our remaining venues traffic in the same old tired formulae from 1990 - gay "resort", gay "massage" spot, boring "go-go" bar, uninteresting "beer" bars. Can't someone please dream up a new exciting new formula appropriate for today's connected younger people? Without being able to attract the 30-somethings (okay, and the 40-somethings) en masse all is lost. It seems the only going concern now may be the extravagant "show bar" which does attract the rich young Asian crowd to see muscle boys or katoey lip-sync'ers.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marc K View Post
    Gosh I am really sad to see this property slip away. Madame Jim put so much of his stylish and elegant design into this place. I know it was/is his pride and joy. He timed the sale of Boys-Boys-Boys (yes with an "s") just right, at the peak of BT's popularity and did a great job with Baan Souy as well, but then COVID struck, the final nail it would appear in what was already a diminishing star. It's location was just not so great, alas, a location neither here nor there, if you get my point. Without an on-grounds playhouse (like Babylon in BKK), there was not so much to keep its (gay) clientele tied to the place, save Madame Jim's kindness and her stable of en-suite 'friendly' staff.
    The return of mass tourism by middle-aged and elderly sodomites is months if not years away. Venue owners can hardly be expected to underwrite businesses for such a lengthy period.

Liked

I heard that the gay Le Prive had been sold. Only six bungalows around a pool, it was always a great place to stay and welcomed joiners at any time. A little on the pricey side but I enjoyed several stays there. Anyone know if it is still for gays?