Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: A COVID-vaccinated passenger App

No Platformed
    Liked

A COVID-vaccinated passenger App

As I said a few weeks ago, recording and proving vaccination status will be digital not analogue. The following sets out what IATA is working on. It may not be what’s ultimately required but it shows the direction.

Global airline lobby IATA is working on a mobile app that will help travelers demonstrate their coronavirus-free status, joining a push to introduce so-called 'COVID passports' as vaccines for the disease near approval.

The Travel Pass will display test results together with proof of inoculation, as well as listing national entry rules and details on the nearest labs, the International Air Transport Association said Monday. The app will also link to an electronic copy of the holder’s passport to prove their identity.

A test program will begin with British Airways' parent IAG this year before arriving on Apple devices in the first quarter and Android from April, IATA said.

Travelers will be able to share their status with border authorities or present a QR code for scanning.

The announcement came as Qantas Group CEO and former IATA chairman Alan Joyce said the airline would make vaccination compulsory for passengers on international flights from 2021 through the adoption of a digital "vaccination passport".

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...ts-vaccination

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: A COVID-vaccinated passenger App

The Chinese emperor pushed for QR codes at the recent G20 but there’s mistrust of a Chinese solution given that government’s record in using such Apps for total surveillance.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55039662

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If it seems we cant trust the Chinese with "Tok Tok" I doubt very much western Governments will be queuing up to team up with them on a joint QR code database and in doing so giving them access to their citizens information that would have to be contained there in.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...reminds me of the colonialists who refused to leave Africa saying..."dharling...I'd rather br killed in my bed than have to get up and make it"...

Liked

"The Chinese emperor pushed for QR codes at the recent G20 but there’s mistrust of a Chinese solution given that government’s record in using such Apps for total surveillance."

Absolutely. All tried and tested in Xinjiang so when it came down to it the app worked/works just fine. Were any govt looking to trust a Chinese app then that search might take a long time. Were they looking for an app to do this particular job then here you are.

Liked

Many business premises in the UK, such as coffee shops and restaurants have been requiring the customers to sign in using the NHS app and a QR code. The other method I have seen is a paper list.
    I suspect the QR code is not the problem, but software controlled by companies answerable to the emperor would be.

Concerns over Chinese apps and tech is an interesting problem:
    1 Chinese companies are required to co-operate with the Chinese intelligence services by Chinese law. I'm not aware of such laws in the west & co-operation may or may not happen. There have been many reports of What's App refusing to allow back doors to get past their encryption.
    2 Some of the US objections to the likes of Tik Tok and Grindr under Chinese ownership may be political. As China has restricted operations for the likes of google and so on for many years, some reciprocation is reasonable.