Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dancing with the Devil in the City of Angels

Liked

Re: Dancing with the Devil in the City of Angels

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I'm not aware of anyone posting links to articles with details about his life or demise.
    I know only what I read on the forums, and more information would be welcome.
    I have forgotten even where I found the article regarding Rush. If someone recalls his last name it might be worth the effort to look again.

Liked

Thanks to a tip from Jay Toff (the OP) I was able to find the obit for Rush. As I mentioned it gives scant information. I will dig further to see if I can find any more info.

Russell Hoselton, 59, died 11-23-2015.
    Arrangements: Eaton Family Funeral Service.
    Published by Modesto Bee on Dec. 3, 2015.

Liked

He died so young!

Liked

Although I looked further for the newspaper article of Rush and his street fair business selling Thai articles, I found nothing. Did come across a news report of his 90 yo mother who he took care of. I recall Rush was a good looking guy who had a tent at the street fair with many items he had collected while in Thailand. I did enjoy his Turtle Ass Awards which mocked many in the gay community!

A Ceres police officer bought an elderly woman groceries after her son, who took care of the 90-year-old, passed away on Monday.

FOX40 spoke to Lorraine Hoselton off-camera because she was too heartbroken over the loss of her son to speak. Despite her grief, she is grateful to the officer who showed up with a bag of groceries and kindness.

An expected friendship. Ceres Police Officer Mike Vierra and Lorraine are very grateful to have met days before Thanksgiving.

“Knowing that she needed our help and we’re out. This is what we do, this is why we become police officers,” Officer Mike Vierra with the Ceres Police Department said on Wednesday.

It all started after a 911 call this past Monday. Lorraine called for help because she couldn’t wake up her 60-year-old son Russ. Russ and Lorraine had shared a house on Tranquil Lane for the past decade.

“I knew them very little. Not a whole lot, but whenever we’d see each other we’d say ‘hi’ and stuff like that,” said neighbor Jose Delgadillo.

The Hoselton family said Russ was a selfless man who took care of his mother seven days a week and took care of all her needs.

“He had passed away so she had nobody to care for her anymore,” Vierra said.

Worry started to set in, Vierra knew there was no one to look after the 90-year-old.

“She was fine but she had nothing to eat. The last thing she had was a Tic Tac,” he said.

With some money from his co-workers and cash of his own he went to the grocery store and bought Lorraine food, including her favorite treats for at least a week,

“Said she liked blueberry muffins, so we got her a thing of blueberry muffins and pound cakes,” Vierra said.

For Vierra, reaching out to Lorraine was more than just a trip to the store. He let her know, she’s not alone this Thanksgiving.

“It made me feel good inside. You know, especially Thanksgiving coming up. She had just lost someone who is near and dear to her,” Vierra said.

Adult Protective Services has been contacted. The Hoselton family is grateful that the Ceres Police Department has stepped in.

Vierra added that some of his co-workers are planning to stop by on Thanksgiving to ensure Lorraine is in good company and, of course, well fed.

5. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (July 3rd, 2022)