Thread: Russian COVID vaccine - published results

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Russian COVID vaccine - published results

the french...lol...only good for one thing

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Could you please reread school geography book before to pretend to look like a smart guy? Winter is over? Matt, what grade you had in school about geography? It isn't Toronto here. We have 6 months winter in Moscow, snow lays from November till end of April, temperatures below zero in Celsius grade from October till May. Right now we are in the middle of the winter, temperature is -16C outside and at past 24 hours we had most heavy snow since 1973.
    Fine, believe it's all because of the vaccine then...

Or you could just believe what epidemiologists have been saying for well over a year now. Since last spring they've been saying Nov, Dec and Jan will be the most brutal, then it will start dissipating.

Today Canada is only reporting 1139 new cases and 18 deaths, which is about an 8th of what it was a simple month ago. And I can promise you it's not because of Canada's vaccine rollout. and there's still snow all over the ground in Canada too.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Russia has vector for Sputnik and tested it since 2007.
    What does this mean?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    What does this mean?
    It means Russia has been experimenting with vector based vaccines for quite a while now. They took an existing one they had, modified it a little for KoVid-19, and put it into production.

Although the unmodified version of the vaccine had been through decent testing, the modified vaccine for Kovid hadn't been yet. That's why in my previous reply to this topic I specifically ensured to mention Russia didn't do extensive testing of modifications, as I knew Moses would get get all hoppity about it.

Same type of thing as Modurna had its vaccine almost immediately developed as they've been researching mRNA based vaccines to cure cancer and other ailments for many years, so knew exactly what to do once the genomic sequencing came in. They still had to wait for phase 3 trials though before getting EUA, whereas Russia didn't worry about it.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    It means Russia has been experimenting with vector based vaccines for quite a while now.
    How is this especially unique?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    How is this especially unique?

I watched a documentary on Curiosity Stream recently, but can't quite remember. Basically, both vector and mRNA based vaccines are fairly new in the medical world. They came about around the same time, are quite different from each other, and both have possible great benefits for humanity.

For whatever reason, Russian based researchers leaned towards vector based vaccines, while US based researchers took more of an interest in mRNA vaccines. I can't remember exactly what the differences are, you'll have to do your own research.

Both types of vaccines have been getting researched for quite a while, so when KoVId came about, there was already a really good idea of how to tackle it. This whole "we developed a vaccine in 8 months" is a bit misleading, because it would have never happened if it wasn't for the prior 15+ years of research into vector and mRNA vaccines. Research started to find cures for things such as cancer, diabetes and other ailments, then everyone had to pivot to KoVid.

You'll have to do your own research on vector based vaccines though, as I can't quite remember. Innovation-wise though, they're right up there with mRNA based vaccines.

Liked

Fine, believe it's all because of the vaccine then...

Or you could just believe what epidemiologists have been saying for well over a year now. Since last spring they've been saying Nov, Dec and Jan will be the most brutal, then it will start dissipating.

I hope you can count weeks and convert to months. On the picture below is typical flu sickness in Russia on example from 2017/18 year. Peak is 7 and 8 weeks of year, i.e. second part of February. We are now on flu's peak. But COVID's sickness now is already almost 5 times lower than it was on the peak.

b3270a6241f27e21387bbfae1dbe2f35.png
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Then if it's because of the vaccine, tell me, why have Canada's KoVid numbers dropped off a cliff as well? It's still the middle of the winter here too.

You can't possibly be so hyped up to be patriotic that you're willing to through all rational logic out the window, plus what epedimologists say, and think the past six weeks of a vaccination rollout have had any impact on the KoVid numbers whatsoever. It hasn't, and won't for at least another few months.

You're not even going to notice the vaccination rollout until next winter when you can say, "oh look, there sure are alot less people getting sick this year compared to last winter".

Liked

Although the unmodified version of the vaccine had been through decent testing, the modified vaccine for Kovid hadn't been yet. That's why in my previous reply to this topic I specifically ensured to mention Russia didn't do extensive testing of modifications, as I knew Moses would get get all hoppity about it.
    About vector vaccine. What do you want to test there? This vector is 10+ years tested. On the base of exactly this vector Russia manufactures vaccines against Ebola, SARS and Zika.

For to fight with COVID they changes attached to vector fragment of SARS to fragment of COVID and got ready vaccine in 2 weeks after sequencing COVID. All what can do any fragment - allergy. The only possible troublemaker - vector - adenovirus itself, but it was tested for 10+ years.

About mRNA. Things what you wrote about mRNA are totally wrong: and pros, and cons. mRNA is "messenger" type of vaccine. It is more new and is far more advanced than vector, Also it is far more dangerous than vector in case of mistake.

In case with vector we give to body live harmless adenovirus with fragment of COVID virus. Our immune system learns both and remembers both, and in case or real COVID virus will arrive into our body late, immune system will attack COVID. It is how vector vaccine works.

In case of mRNA there is no any virus in it: no live, nor died. There is coded by protein molecules instruction to immune system what antibodies should be manufactured in case of the arrival of COVID virus. Just instructions. That why this vaccine also named "messenger vaccine": it delivers message - instruction. Since full instruction is coded "by hands" by collecting proteins into chain, there always is possibility to make mistakes at time of collecting. That why such vaccines should be intensively tested - any wrong piece of code for example may to instruct our body to produce cancer cells or to kill some useful cells.

Since each mRNA code is unique it is not possible to test mRNA chain in advance. Each mRNA vaccine should be tested after coding in full. But as I said in the middle of summer - at time of Sputnik emergency registration: every state will omit full testing and start to use their vaccines. You now may see - I was correct.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

10. User who gave Like to post:

Khor tose (February 17th, 2021)

Liked

Then if it's because of the vaccine, tell me, why have Canada's KoVid numbers dropped off a cliff as well? It's still the middle of the winter here too.

You can't possibly be so hyped up to be patriotic that you're willing to through all rational logic out the window, plus what epedimologists say, and think the past six weeks of a vaccination rollout have had any impact on the KoVid numbers whatsoever. It hasn't, and won't for at least another few months.

You're not even going to notice the vaccination rollout until next winter when you can say, "oh look, there sure are alot less people getting sick this year compared to last winter".
    Matt, you are so proud by Western civilization, so your brains are totally busy with this proudness till last brain cell and you have no space for to think. Your conclusions are one by one wrong, but you can't stop and manufacturing even more wrong conclusions.

1. So, it is end of winter or middle of winter in Canada? Because you already made both statements.
    2. Could you please to learn how to count, and recount weeks since Dec 4. Because "six weeks" is wrong answer.
    3. I don't know what says Canadian "epidemiologists" - does they exists at all? - but I already published (and verbally explained specially for you) picture where peak of flu sickness in Russia lays at the end of February

When you will stop to be so proud of Western fails with vaccines - hello Oxford, hello Sanofi - we can discuss success of Russia and China in vaccines.