Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: My quest for a Visa

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Barebacking, PrEP & HIV transmission in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc;272151

I wanted to try fasting for a long time, but there was never a good opportunity
    Glad to hear you survived your endeavor - hopefully a few pounds lighter with plenty of energy in reserve for those Cambo Boys. Hope you can cross the border soon.

Cheers

2. User who gave Like to post:

seenus (December 18th, 2020)

Liked

Goji and gerefan2. Respect.

A few longish tv shows you might like to revisit with all that time on your hands. Especially if you begin to feel a bit pissed off at your incarceration.

The World at War. Narrated by Lawrence Olivier it's the best documentary series on WWII ever.

The Sopranos. 8 series of brutal, often senseless killing. Help you lose any pent up frustration.

The Pacific and Band of Brothers. Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks' twin masterpieces set in WWII.

Blake's 7. Forget the cheap sets and out of date 'technology'. The script bites and stabs like a pit bull with a rapier.

The West Wing. The one that lifted tv drama to a new level. Martin Sheen as the US president you always wanted but never get.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Goji has adequately covered the flight and arrival process at BKK, so I will just add a few tips.

For anyone contemplating it I suggest the three websites below. The first one helps with with the saga of getting a visa and the Certificate of Entry. A few knowledgable guys on there offer good advice. Just ask. Invaluable.

The second two review the numerous hotels which offer Quarantine. It seems you pay your money and take your choice. I’m more than happy with my place.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/272003337395576

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1859391754195276
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/298606387906884

5. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (December 15th, 2020), goji (December 15th, 2020), Jellybean (December 15th, 2020), StevieWonders (December 15th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Goji and gerefan,

Congratulations on your pioneering endeavors and successful landing in LOS. I'm so happy for you both.

Relax...do some exercises to get that tummy flat...and get ready to reap the rewards for all the hassle you've been through.

It would be interesting to get your perspectives about the changes you see here after you've been here a while.

Where are your final destinations?, e.g. Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, etc.

Cheers

7. User who gave Like to post:

goji (December 15th, 2020)

Liked

Thank you Dodger.
    I walk several miles per day. The in room circuit is about 16 metres, so it's 100 laps per mile.
    I also do some push ups and sit ups, however it would probably take some calorific restriction to end up with a completely flat tummy.
    However, I'm not going to take calorific restriction to the level practised by another board member in quarantine: https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/20...-cambodia.html
    I suspect prisoners in Tol Sleung ate more than that.

Once I get out, the plan is to spend a few days in Bangkok, then head on down to Pattaya. After that, there's no plan, but perhaps it's time to go back to the south of Thailand.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I walk several miles per day. The in room circuit is about 16 metres, so it's 100 laps per mile.
    I also do some push ups and sit ups
    an acquaintance of a friend of mine knew someone (a highly reliable source?) who said they did their quarantine at the Amara in Surawong - they took the rooftop penthouse that featured an exercise bike in the room and a private terrace and garden where you could enjoy your snacks, meals, coffee, etc and stroll in the garden to fresh air etc - very expensive but worth it they said!
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

Liked

Re: My quest for a Visa

From what I've heard from others who have tried 7 day fasts, it's recommended to start off with some bland and easy to digest food afterwards.

Going straight to Khmer food is probably not what they have in mind.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I did it myself in front of a mirror as instructed, as part of a London NHS sample. Didn't encounter any discomfort at all. We Londoners endured the Blitz; we are tough cookies.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Unlike my test in the UK, today’s test was conducted by a nurse behind a complex screen with an opening,opposite which I was positioned.

Her contortions trying to get the swab stick through the hole and up my nostrils was unsuccessful and resulted in her lunging at me with force.

I hit the fcuking roof.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Her contortions trying to get the swab stick through the hole and up my nostrils was unsuccessful .
    Just consider yourself lucky things didn't end up the other way round and she went through your nostrils and UP your hole otherwise you really MIGHT have hit the roof !