Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: My quest for a Visa

Liked

Re: My quest for a Visa

Im just going to wait untill Ive had my jab later in the year , and then just wait untill the boarder opens , ,, hopefuly around this time next year But god knows how we prove we have had the vacine ?

2. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (November 22nd, 2020)

Liked

Thank you very much for sharing. That's exactly what I had in mind when I thought: The TV looks okay, something worth to ponder about (14 days quarantine and then only 60+30 is not an attractive deal), but there must hooks or bumps, and I won't be the first one to apply. After the spectacular failure of the STV I mentally resigned that I'm not going to be back in Thailand this winter.

4. User who gave Like to post:

seenus (November 23rd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Today is Sunday so nothing heard from the Insurance company about the wrong dates on the policy. Will have to wait until at least tomorrow. Another few days wasted.

Amazing Thailand...they have a problem for every solution.

The reason I’m going through all this is well known to anyone based in the UK. For those who are not:
    To Escape the long dark days. It’s now dark here at 4.30. Another few weeks and it will be dark before 4 o’clock.
    To escape the cold and rain. Today is not too bad but just wait until the snow starts.
    Escape the Corona threat.
    Leave the lockdown behind.
    Find bars which are actually open
    Meet old friends (if they haven’t returned to the farm)

MFAS . Yes, I know Pattaya will be different. I actually prefer low season...and you were telling us that overall it’s now better anyway, weren’t you? No matter what it’s got to be better than the alternative!

6. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 23rd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    What I’m driving at is that, as you’re the Forum trailblazer, others may want to use your endeavours as a template they can follow so are the hospital visits essential for everyone? To date taking the insurance and the certificate together you’ve almost spent what you would spend on the airfare in previous years.
    In answer to your two questions:
    1. I go to the hospital for check ups following cancer. Unrelated to going to Thailand. They give me a covid test each time.
    2. Yes it’s expensive. But I wasn’t able to do my summer visit so I’m still ahead!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Next day Email from the Embassy. Visa application on hold. WTF ? They want to see insurance. Now I used to be a civil servant a loooong time ago and I know about doing things exactly as per the instructions. There was NO request for the insurance on the form or on the instructions for my type of visa. Clearly says send it for the COE. BASTARDS.
    This is shocking. As you say, there is no request for insurance on the visa application AND they catch that at the later COE stage anyway.
    Incidentally, I've not heard of anyone else with that issue.

For the Visa we need: Passport, bank statement, hotel booking (for after ASQ), flight booking and proof of residence
    For COE phase 1, we need passport, visa, and travel insurance.
    For COE phase 2, we need flights and ASQ booking.

If they decide to ask for travel insurance at the visa timing, then the COE phase 1 has nothing new. I believe the whole idea of COE phase 1&2 is that we can wait until they've pre-approved entry before booking flight booking and ASQ. However, we already have to book flights to apply for the visa.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I applied for the Non Immigration, 90 day, retirement, O visa rather than the 60 day tourist visa. I’m beginning to think I might have been better off applying for the tourist visa and taking the risk that they will renew it after 60 days.

I suspect that’s why they have asked for the insurance now but, as I said before, it wasn’t on the application form or any of the instructions I saw.

TiT.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Thanks Gerefan(and goji) for sharing your experiences of trying to get back to Thailand. Keep posting the news as it comes, and wishing you luck. If successful others will follow in your tracks!
    Not only is this my favourite current thread by far, but almost every new post adds to my pleasure.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I have now had a reply from the broker about the wrong dates on my Insurance Certificate. He is sending it back to the insurance company to be rectified...No doubt another few days to get it back with the right date.

I’ve decided to take the risk and send off the incorrect dates (it’s only six days early) to the Embassy for issue of the visa for two reasons:
    1. There are only 12 working days before my hoped for departure date and
    2. I can send the corrected certificate when I apply for the COE if necessary.

Whilst sitting on the bog this morning, thinking about going to the post office to get my International Driving Permit renewed, I realised, to my horror, that my UK Driving Licence expires next month.

Every bloody twist and turn.....

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (November 24th, 2020), christianpfc (November 24th, 2020), goji (November 24th, 2020)

Liked

My Tourist Visa application is showing as "Print Sticker", which I think means the visa is approved. They haven't posted it back yet, but this is quick so far.

Further hurdles include a COE, RT-PCR test, fit to fly certificate and dodging domestic hazards, such as being grounded by the UK track and trace team.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Tentatively pleased to say that my visa and passport are on their way back to me! At least that’s what my status reads on the Embassy website.
    Total 13 days since submission. I know others have been a lot quicker but it was delayed by a request for insurance.

As I reported above I realised my UK Driving Licence is due to expire next month so I have applied on line to renew it.

This week I went to the Post Office to renew my International Driving Permit. The prat wouldn’t do it as my licence had a validity period of less than a year. Yes a fcuking year! No amount of arguing would change his mind. Even the fact that all UK licences have automatically been extended 11 months ...thus meaning mines valid for a year. If he was right it means I will have to renew it every 2 years, as the validity period for me is now only 3 years.

What have I done to deserve all this?? If it’s not one thing it’s another!

So I went to a smaller post office and guess what? They did it on the spot. Didn’t even look at the expiry date. Nice English lady!

Now I have to re-sort my ASQ. The place I booked aren’t answering my emails. I’ve sent at least 5. I need their bank details.

I even phoned them the other day and the guy said he would email details right away. Nothing. TiT

Think I’ve got to find somewhere else...in short order.

Anyone know what’s wrong with my Karma? What on earth have I done to deserve all this crap? I’m usually a half full guy.

Actually, preferably full if it’s Beer Singh!

15. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 28th, 2020), francois (November 28th, 2020), Moses (November 28th, 2020)