Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: My quest for a Visa

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: My quest for a Visa

Slightly more context - I don’t use maid services much. I checked with a friend who pays more for his maid than his visa agent

Forum's veteran
    Liked

goji and gerefan2:

If by chance either of you were to use the services of an Agent, I would suggest that you keep this "private".
    Last edited by christianpfc; March 6th, 2021 at 12:13. Reason: correct typo in name

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    gogi and gerefan2:

If by chance either of you were to use the services of an Agent, I would suggest that you keep this "private".
    Absolutely Dodgems it’s not as if there’s an abundance of sites that argue the merits or otherwise of agents. That’s if you discount the existence of Whiners & Whingers AKA. ThaiVisa

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Another visit (will be the third)...another day wasted ....6 lost visa days,...and more bureaucracy,...
    Thank you very much for your report. It confirms my current opinion: I would submit to two weeks quarantine if I could stay in Thailand for 6 months or more afterwards, but not for 60+30+60 days with extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Decide that immigration laws are just mere suggestions, not laws... and don't worry about a VISA.
    You are the last person anyone should listen to for visa advice.
    (cdnmatt got deported for overstay some years ago)

5. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (March 6th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Another year another 90 day O visa application. Ah,I thought, same as last year. But No.

So that all you budding tourists know, you have to complete an online visa application, more or less the same as last year. However, instead of having to post off your passport, money and pics (with all the hassle and expense that involves) they now send you an email which you present at Immigration when you arrive. Seems a simple and good idea. Also a lot cheaper. No need for recorded delivery letters and tracking.

So after trying to read the instructions..yes all 44 bloody pages of them...I spent 6 hours on Monday evening downloading numerous documents and pics. The form is horrendous, written in Tinglish and the website chucks everything out it doesn’t like.

Anyway after downloading a pic of myself holding my passport (yes a requirement!!). I hit the send button at 11.30 pm and fucked off to bed with my head spinning worse than it would have from drinking10 bottles of Beer Singh.

The next evening an email appeared from the London Embassy. Ahhh SH1T what did I do wrong?? My heart was pounding. Damn bloody people.

So I opened the email ready for more drama until I read the first few words...Visa approved... Bloody Nora!

Eat your heart out Arsenal!

7. 9 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (October 14th, 2021), arsenal (October 14th, 2021), christianpfc (October 15th, 2021), Dodger (October 14th, 2021), francois (October 15th, 2021), goji (October 14th, 2021), Jellybean (October 14th, 2021), Nirish guy (October 14th, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 14th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Im guessing they dont even NEED the info on the 44 pages but just include just to see how much you REALLY want to go and if they see you bothered to make it to the end they know you just have been really keen so give you the visa as you're reward for persevering just !

Congrats either way !

Liked

A tired and emotional gerefan2 wrote.
    "Eat your heart out Arsenal!"

Nope. Well yes in fact. But I hope that you and zillions go there and have a superb time with lots of boys. I hope that you write about it here and that you post endless photos of boys and sunsets and beaches.

10. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (October 14th, 2021), gerefan2 (October 14th, 2021), Oliver2 (October 14th, 2021)