Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Nice Boys In Sunee

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Nice Boys In Sunee

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post

Though the new location is the former Forest House there is no mention that NB current location is closedown.
    Good point. So far just rumors.

Liked

We were told that Nice Boys would be moving, not expanding to a second site.

So far, the new site part is almost exactly as explained. Except for a slight doubt over the precise nature of the upstairs offering.
    When I have walked past, the new bar has been open. I didn't check the old site, but saw no signs of life and no one trying to drag customers in.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

We were told that Nice Boys would be moving, not expanding to a second site.
    It's possible that Beer and Mak aren't even sure what the final outcome of the move/expansion will be yet.

They've both been firmly connected the local BIB, as well as higher-ups in the "street network" for over two decades now and know how to play the angles, but with the covid restrictions being in a constant state of flux I imagine they' prefer moving slowly and keeping their cards close to their chest.

The way it appears now is that Forest House will be a host bar...and the upstairs could possibly be an arrangement similar to Eros (masked as a karaoke) which is where the money is at. The future of Nice Boys is anyone's guess at this juncture.

No money - no honey. None of this matters if there aren't enough customers to turn a profit.

I imagine the majority of income these bars are receiving now comes from the gay expat community which may or may not be enough to keep them afloat for very long. Beer and Mak are fully aware of these risks as well.

Liked

Some posts unrelated to this thread have been moved here:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...men-in-Bayern!

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (February 7th, 2022), goji (February 6th, 2022)

Liked

Well, considering the point raised by MFAS, I again walked past these bars, to check their status.

1 The "Unbranded Bar" occupying the former Forest House premises was open. The customers were three fat young Thai ladies and a baby crawling over the pool table (which I guess will not get sanitised afterwards). Plus a farang male on the other side.

2 This time, the lights were on at Nice Boys, with someone trying to invite me in. Unsuccessfully, as I'm not into rough trade.

7. User who gave Like to post:

llz (February 7th, 2022)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

It appears that after a renovation the upstairs at Forest Bar aka Night Boy Pub will be a GoGo from 8PM till? at which time it will be a karaoke of sorts however, until the renovation is finished the old location will continue to operate.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

9. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Aux1010 (February 10th, 2022), dab69 (February 8th, 2022), Dodger (February 8th, 2022), splinter1949 (February 13th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    The customers were three fat young Thai ladies and a baby crawling over the pool table
    I thought the minimum age for customers to enter a bar in Thailand was 20....

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    It appears that after a renovation the upstairs at Forest Bar aka Night Boy Pub will be a GoGo from 8PM till? at which time it will be a karaoke of sorts however, until the renovation is finished the old location will continue to operate.
    Of course, both gogo bars and karaoke bars are not permitted to open at present, at least in theory.
    Last night, the Forest House site was closed, whilst the old Nice Boys appeared to be open.

Elsewhere in Sunee, at an one point a customer pulled down the shorts of one lad and partially removed his underpants. Outside in the street. Outdoors in Sunee Plaza is now about as private as it used to be inside the bars.

12. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (February 21st, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    In Thailand rules are considered more as a suggestion, rather then something to be obeyed.

I once wrote about a woman who turned up at A-bomb with 2 children in tow. She drank alcohol and they had a Coke. (I hope it wasn't rum and Coke!)

Although there was no nudity involved - just guys standing in stage in their underwear - it was still a shock.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post

This is Thailand SO -- staff can work in bars from the age of 18 BUT cannot go into the bar on their free days till age 20.