Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice Boys In Sunee

Liked

Re: Nice Boys In Sunee

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Taken a few years ago ..
    Then his manboobs are probably down by his waist by now!

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

I believe the new bar will be called Night Boy Pub....I wish them luck.....they will need it!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 28th, 2022), dab69 (January 28th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    I believe the new bar will be called Night Boy Pub....I wish them luck.....they will need it!
    They will need luck and good management, which the bar was lacking in recent years and particularly lacking on my last visit, when boys in jeans were not even bothering to go on the stage. I don't mind paying 200 Baht for a drink to cover the cost of the entertainment. When they forget the entertainment and still want 200 Baht, they can go f*** themselves.

As for the Feb 1 opening date, are any board members planning to rush out and see the old Gogo bar before it closes, or the new boring host bar ?
    I doubt it. The expats here rarely go to the bars and the contributing tourists are either not Nice Boys fans, or haven't been to Pattaya for a couple of years.

I think I'm the last one here to report a personal visit to the bar. They had given up.
    I'm more interested in seeing Winner Boys.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Manforallseasons (January 28th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

I think I'm the last one here to report a personal visit to the bar. They had given up.
    At the risk of sounding naïve and/or overly optimistic, I think if they had truly given up they would have simply closed Nice Boys and called it a day...but they didn't.

My assumption is that Beer and Mak saw the writing on the wall...knew the days of gogo bars were numbered...know the future market potential (as dismal as it appears right now) better than any of us sitting on this side of the table, and decided that opening a host bar (and possibly another venue on the upper level) could have some potential. Based on that assumption, I'm going to hold off on making any predictions about the success of their new venture until things have had time to play out.

All we can right now is wish them the best.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 29th, 2022), llz (January 30th, 2022)

Liked

They will need luck and good management, which the bar was lacking in recent years and particularly lacking on my last visit, when boys in jeans were not even bothering to go on the stage. I don't mind paying 200 Baht for a drink to cover the cost of the entertainment. When they forget the entertainment and still want 200 Baht, they can go f*** themselves.

The boys weren't on stage because they still aren't allowed on stage, according to the measures still in place - or at least the way that they are being enforced -, not because they, or management, can't be arsed. That is true of all the a go-gos, both straight and gay. The girlie a go-gos on LK Metro that have opened still don't have girls on stage either. See the following video from a couple of days ago. You need only watch till 02:20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqy3P8rE1kY

The boys at Nice have never been shy or lazy about going up on stage and I'm fairly sure that they would be on stage if it were allowed, as would the girls on LK.

The same rules seem to be in-place in Bangkok. Venues can open, but no entertainment on stage allowed yet. In Bangkok, the Moonlight "models" were recently acting as servers in the pseudo-restaurant at Hot Male. Boys and girls are available in the bars now. Stage acts are not.

As far as f***ing themselves goes, that's an act that I have yet to see at Nice. If you do come across a venue where that is on offer, please do share.

In the meantime, your continued reporting from the frontline is appreciated. Do keep it coming.
    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

9. 10 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (January 29th, 2022), Brad the Impala (January 29th, 2022), christianpfc (January 29th, 2022), dab69 (January 29th, 2022), dinagam (January 29th, 2022), Dodger (January 29th, 2022), goji (January 29th, 2022), mr giggles (January 29th, 2022), Ruthrieston (January 30th, 2022), steveky (March 2nd, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by JayToff View Post
    The boys weren't on stage because they still aren't allowed on stage, according to the measures still in place - or at least the way that they are being enforced
    An interesting theory, which may well explain matters.

However, there were about 8 boys in the bar, of which about 3 appeared on the stage, for some of the time. In jeans.
    The remainder avoided the stage, the whole time. Including the one who might have been of interest, had he looked away from his phone for a few seconds.

So if they were allowed to open, but without boys on the stage, that wasn't strictly enforced.
    I'd also like to know what rules require them to wear jeans, rather than underwear or shorts.
    There are plenty of other bars in town with exposed legs, including staff in shorts at gay bars and ladies in short dresses at girly bars. Plus customers in shorts at Nice Boys.

Finally, I doubt Nice Boys was licensed as a restaurant and SHA+ approved. Which would have been a requirement to open legally at the time.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

An interesting theory, which may well explain matters.

However, there were about 8 boys in the bar, of which about 3 appeared on the stage, for some of the time. In jeans.
    Honestly, I think Jay Toff did a great job explaining this to you.

Serious times...everybody scrambling to make things work...pulling together...supporting versus criticizing...hoping for a break.

Liked

Too late to edit my last post.

One other observation. My last visit to Nice Boys was shortly after they reopened. I was in there almost an hour, as I went with another farang who wanted to give them a chance.
    They must have had 8 or more customers in that time, but almost all left quickly.
    That's more farang than I've seen at any of the other Sunee bars during this trip.

Some expats, who haven't spent a single baht in the bar for months, might say I'm over critical. However, if none of the other customers stayed, something isn't quite right with the offer. Life can be tough.

The new venture will also not be easy. The same as the other Sunee host bars, unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat. E.g Run a very revealing gogo bar, exploiting the upstairs part of the premises.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Maybe they will have upstairs a restaurant where you may be "served" in bed - like that restaurant in Bangkok.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Yes, those poor skinny fem boys certainly need to spend some time back on the farm beefing up those muscles.

Just like Pum pictured below:
    Anyone ever see any ads for "Tomboys"? i mean trans men, masculine no tits but still has pussy. its one of my fantasies. Lady boys don't interest me but a hot guy with 2 holes... well might be fun!