Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice Boys In Sunee

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Nice Boys In Sunee

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat View Post
    Just heard from reliable source that a boy from Nice Boys tested positive for Covid. A Thai man had one of the mamasans arrange
    for 6 boys to come to the mans room for drinking party as bar was closed. The boy was turned away at Banglamung hospital as all
    600 beds were occupied. The boy called my source, who is gay Thai man asking for money and related the story.
    The customer came from Bangkok. I don’t have any names of the boys ..
    Totally plausible, perfect scenario to spread Covid frankly, if the bar ever reopens it should be professionally sanitized and whatever staff is left should be tested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Places in Pattaya where Covid may have been:
    https://thepattayanews.com/2021/04/1...id-19-cases-2/

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    if the bar ever reopens it should be professionally sanitized and whatever staff is left should be tested.
    I thought bars were supposed to be closed. If the bar remains closed for a few weeks no virus will survive until reopening, therefore no sanitizing would be required.
    In practice, something will probably be done for appearances.

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (April 18th, 2021), Patanawet (April 18th, 2021), StevieWonders (April 18th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It’s impossible to know if the bar boy told the truth or was just trying to get money. It’s also impossible to know if farang posters are telling the
    truth.
    It’s very plausible in my opinion. If one chooses not to believe, that’s up to the individual. No lie detector was used..
    This episode happened after the bar was closed down, so there was no sharing of the virus on the stage. I have no idea where the boy lives,
    but would guess he lives with other boys from the bar.
    One could check with Banglamung hospital to see if is indeed full.
    Are you going to be tested?

Liked

I have been told that testing is free for Thais but not so for falang, depending on where you are tested seems to be 3000 - 4500 baht.

Liked

What's the value in getting tested ?

1 If it's for the benefit of wider society, that's fine, but it's a bit optimistic to expect farang to do that if there is a higher farang price for the test !

2 Back in December when I was quarantining, anyone who failed the test, or even had an "inconclusive" test was sent to hospital, whether they had symptoms or not. Hopefully the covid insurance would pay out. If I had no health issues, I'd personally rather isolate at home.
    If failing the test, are you still going to get sent to a hospital ? Possibly a rather grim "field hospital" ?

3 The only advantage I could see in getting sent to hospital is if they are now offering some effective treatments. According to the Facebook quarantine forum, one of the people who was sent to hospital back in December after failing the covid test in quarantine was getting "hydroxychloroquine". Last thing I heard, that was shown to be ineffective in trials, however, I presume it is effective at increasing the size of the bill.

For info, I had to have a covid test before flying out of Thailand, at The Thai Travel Clinic in Bangkok. That cost 2990 baht. The cashier did quote over 4000, until I pointed out it was 3000 on the website.
    That's a test with a certificate for travel.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I had to have a covid test before flying out of Thailand,
    Same here....a huge worry to me was what happens if you fail the test? Yes you go to hospital, but what happens after that?

1. You will have to cancel your existing return flight and rebook another. You won’t know the new date until you are definately released from the hospital, so making positive arrangements is a problem. It might mean staying in a hotel for a few nights. So add that and the cost of rearranging the flight into account.

2. Your visa will have expired, unless you were leaving well before the expiry date...unlikely. Thus you will on overstay. It would lead to problems with a hotel,if you need one, apart from the fine at the airport...500 a day which will soon add up. You will also get a stamp in your passport for the overstay.

Whole thing could be a nightmare.

Now back to Nice Boys!

9. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 19th, 2021)

Liked

CDC changed guidance recently to show low risk of touch transmission: each contact with a contaminated surface has less than a 1 in 10,000 chance of causing an infection

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...nsmission.html

11. 3 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (May 18th, 2021), goji (April 18th, 2021), StevieWonders (April 18th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It’s impossible to know if the bar boy told the truth or was just trying to get money. It’s also impossible to know if farang posters are telling the
    truth.
    It’s very plausible in my opinion. If one chooses not to believe, that’s up to the individual. No lie detector was used..
    This episode happened after the bar was closed down, so there was no sharing of the virus on the stage. I have no idea where the boy lives,
    but would guess he lives with other boys from the bar.
    One could check with Banglamung hospital to see if is indeed full.
    According to a friend in my condo building who's wife works as a nurse at Banglamung Hospital, there are a lot of covid patients right now, but the beds ARE NOT FULL. If a Thai showed up for a covid test and/or treatment, he would not be turned away. Those are her words - not mine.

I agree with you that the situation, as described, is plausible, but frankly, I think the boy may have been just looking for a cash handout, which is equally as plausible.

There's more Covid scams going around than Cater has Liver Pills.

As I mentioned before, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions based on the stories you're hearing in-and-by-themselves. Hopefully, Beer and Mak are in the loop and can sort this out.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    As for the boy concerned, if he has covid, at his age, he's highly unlikely to have any severe illness & should not need hospital treatment.
    Many Thais are encouraged to seek hospital treatment because - a fairly obvious point to those who are not merely sex tourists - self-isolation at home simply isn’t an option. I’m aware of many boys in whose family home the parents’ bedroom may be curtained off but isn’t a separate room, and one or more of the younger kids bunk in with grandma. As for a separate bathroom ....