Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice Boys In Sunee

Liked

Re: Nice Boys In Sunee

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Last week I ran into an acquaintance who was visiting Pattaya who lives in BKK, he told me Super A and Golden Cock have closed with only Nature Boys on that Soi still open, he was a regular visitor to Super A for years.
    About a month ago:
    Super A was closed, with a sign on the door saying "For Rent" in Thai* & with a phone number (*google translation)
    Golden Cock was closed (as it also was in December).
    Nature Boy was open, but they also have a Golden Cock sign on the outside of the bar. Strange dual branding. What exactly do we call the bar ?

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Nature Boy was open, but they also have a Golden Cock sign on the outside of the bar. Strange dual branding. What exactly do we call the bar ?

“Nature Boy’s Golden Cock”
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

NB and GC have always had a close relationship.

The guy who I think is the owner of NB often held parties in GC.

As the bars are all in the same sex business, perhaps similar relationships exist, especially in Jomtien Complex.

Although I can't imagine Nice Boys would have much to do with Winners.

Liked

How is Golden Cock now that it has merged with Nature Boys?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    NB and GC have always had a close relationship.

The guy who I think is the owner of NB often held parties in GC.

As the bars are all in the same sex business, perhaps similar relationships exist, especially in Jomtien Complex.

Although I can't imagine Nice Boys would have much to do with Winners.
    The bigger picture is the devastation that Covid has had on the GoGo and bar scene. On this thread the possible closure of Nice Boys on a thread Gaybutton a plead to help Winner https://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10611 elsewhere the almost total end of Boystown, begging the question are the apps and Jomtien Complex enough to keep you coming?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Boyztown's future as a gay destination was bleak long before Covid. The closure of Oscar's was a clear signal; the transformation of LCR into a straight Chinese disco (for want of a better description) was the final blow. P. and I spent some of our last evening at Ambiance in 2019 playing our "count the falang" game. Six was the result.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    begging the question are the apps and Jomtien Complex enough to keep you coming?
    Thailand was a wonderful place for finding handsome and willing guys outside the bars and before the apps, so it still will be even if there are no go-go bars, or even no gay bars at all. You would still be able to find guys even if there weren't any apps.

So of course people would still come, perhaps not as many, and perhaps with a slightly different temperament, but that might be no bad thing.

The reverse question is of course, are the Pattaya ex pats happy to remain there without Sunee, Boystown or sleaze bars? Seem to recall some muttering about moving to Cambodia or Vietnam.........

Liked

For a long time, people complained of the higher drink prices charged at gay bars -- a gay tax of sorts -- compared to the prices charged at straight bars or other bars not found in the gay tourist ghetto's. The reply they often got was that if they don't like it, go someplace else. That someplace else is now being frequented and the internet is helping to guide the way.

The gay entertainment industry in Thailand will have to compete for business following this global reset and I am looking forward to the changes that may come.
    These are the good'ol days

9. User who gave Like to post:

goji (April 3rd, 2021)

Liked

I suspect many people that post about the gay scene here haven’t actually been here for some years and have no idea what is really happening but feel obliged to say something or anything.

Liked

You may be right. And if you ask the working guys online they tell a story of doom and gloom. It's to the point that I now ignore messages asking for help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    These are the good'ol days