Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice Boys In Sunee

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Nice Boys In Sunee

When did Nice last have go go? Assuming "go go" still means dancing, that is. All I recall was a group of guys standing on the podium, amusing themselves and sometimes each other. Unless invited by a falang to share their qualities.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    1 Nice Boys haven't had cute gogo boys for years, so don't expect that in this thread.

2 When people do post pictures of cute lads, all they get is troll rtesponses. So they stop posting pictures and star talking about squirrels instead.
    The ratio of interesting content to troll content deteriorates. This becomes self reinforcing, as only a certain type of new member sticks around.
    NiceBoys often had good looking boys and were real boys not fem twink "boys". A good friend who sadly passed 2 years ago had been married with 3 grown children however later in life preferred fem twinks. Once I asked him why and he said they are the closest thing to being a woman and still not ladyboys and that certainly explained it.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

3. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (January 25th, 2022)

Liked

"I'm bored....please help...post pics of cute gogos..."

If only a member was prepared to spend the time to acquire the photos and then post them. Oh...If only. Sigh.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    They're contemplating moving 2 doors down and doubling their space - not closing.
    The years I've spent in Asia suggest to me that this is just a face-saving way of saying they're throwing in the towel.

I hope I'm wrong.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (January 25th, 2022), Patanawet (January 25th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It's simple; most of the guys who work in the bars just won't dance. If a bar insisted on them doing so, they'd leave and find a different one.
    It's -part of a trend; the guys who turned-up in Pattaya thirty years ago were less sophisticated, less self-conscious and less demanding than those of today.
    And many of them actually enjoyed dancing. Particularly the more femme ones.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post

Nice Boys often had good looking boys and were real boys not fem twink "boys".
    Yes, they did at one time have a few really good looking boys, but unfortunately, that was over a decade ago.

Most of the boys that Mak recruited for Beer (as time went on) were what some refer to as the "boy next door types" who weren't (aren't) paid any salaries and basically use his stage to work freelance - shifting between working the apps...the stage...or sitting home with their wives at free-will. The bar makes money on drinks and off fees. The boys make the rest. Completely different business model than the one years ago, where cream-of-the-crop talent was recruited...paid regular salaries plus tips...and who actually danced on stage.

Just for the record; the most popular boys they had on staff (based on how often they got offed) were the super cute fem-type twinks. Those are the ones you saw partying late-night in the disco's wearing designer outfits with 2 baht gold necklaces wrapped around their necks. Don't forget, like them or not, Sunee Plaza's claim-to-fame was centered on slim twinks, fem boys, cute young ladyboys, and young boys in general. There were still plenty of "boy-next-door" types around, so don't get me wrong. but most (not all) punters who preferred this type of boy catered more to Boyztown.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    This becomes self reinforcing, as only a certain type of new member sticks around.
    I wonder why? It appears I have to quote the great poster Rush (again):

'the newbie probably tried to find out the scoop through the internet. Which means they found one of the gay Thailand forums. What a scary introduction that must be! If they man up and post their questions . . . yikes! Doubtful they’ll get the answers they were looking for. But before the thread goes totally off the track (that’d be by responding post #5) they’ll be accused of being someone they never heard of...'

There's a real incentive for newbies...NOT!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Yes, they did at one time have a few really good looking boys, but unfortunately, that was over a decade ago.
    Sounds about right. The last time I offed one from there was over 5 years ago and I don't recall him being a 10/10 either.

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    The years I've spent in Asia suggest to me that this is just a face-saving way of saying they're throwing in the towel.
    I hope I'm wrong.
    I got the impression they had mentally thrown in the towel when visiting a few weeks ago. Boys in jeans, dodging the stage and nothing at all to justify paying 200 Baht for a drink.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post

If only a member was prepared to spend the time to acquire the photos and then post them. Oh...If only. Sigh.
    Loss of short term memory?!!

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...ht=#post275242

Post 203,. Was specially for you

12. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (January 25th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    It's simple;
    It's -part of a trend; the guys who turned-up in Pattaya thirty years ago were less sophisticated, less self-conscious and less demanding than those of today.
    And many of them actually enjoyed dancing. Particularly the more femme ones.
    Those who are still alive are enjoying their retirement back in the village.
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 25th, 2022)