List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we near to having a vaccine and returning to Thailand?

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Go-go bars v the apps

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    I am staggered there is some form of rationing and it is necessary to have an appointment to get a flu vaccine. In Bangkok I walked into a hospital and got it in ten minutes.
    More deep thoughts about managing an entirely new item in the global and medical supply chain.

Liked

Re: Are we near to having a vaccine and returning to Thailand?

Unless I'm mistaken Armando you paid in Bangkok whereas in the UK it's free at the point of delivery.

When the vaccine is available the west should do away with the niceties of health care and have people queuing round the block. That's what they'll do ihere n China and so everyone will be jabbed in record time.

Liked

Me too. Samitivej Hospital. 990 Baht.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I am staggered there is some form of rationing and it is necessary to have an appointment to get a flu vaccine. In Bangkok I walked into a hospital and got it in ten minutes.
    There has been an unprecedented demand for flu jabs in the UK this autumn. No surprise really.

Until recently anyone could have it done in Tesco’s or £12 or so (if you have to pay).

According to their website they are now only doing it for NHS patients over 65, due to demand.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken Armando you paid in Bangkok whereas in the UK it's free at the point of delivery.
    Don't most in the UK pay weekly national insurance contributions? It is therefore not free.

Liked

Not free. Free at the point of delivery.

7. User who gave Like to post:

goji (October 22nd, 2020)

Liked

Generally, if a good or service is provided by a competitive market, there will be an abundance of supply and no waiting.
    For example, we can get food 24 hours a day. If the service is no good, we can go to any one of about a dozen alternatives.

The moment a service is provided by a state monopoly, there will be queues, waiting lists and sometimes shoddy service. As we see with the NHS. Also, when food was provided by a state monopoly in eastern Europe, there were supply shortages and restricted choice. Same structure, same result.
    Up until March, where I live, people have been queuing outside the GP surgery, as the Doctor sees the first 16 & the rest are told to naff off. It looks just like a Soviet food store from the 1980s. Then they closed completely when covid hit.

Meanwhile, in Germany, the consumer has an element of choice with his healthcare provision AND they make it available for everyone.

Asda charge £9 for the flu jab. I suspect demand is higher this year, as the death rate for people with flu AND Covid is over 2x higher than just Covid. Although, of course the probability of getting flu should be much lower due to all the Covid precautions.

Liked

Anyone can walk into a chemist in UK and get flu vaccine for £12, normally without a wait. I got mine straight away last week. I think the rationing that Jellybean is referring to is for those who are elderly and vulnerable and offered a free of charge vaccine via National Health Service.. if they don’t want to wait, just pay £12 and go to pharmacy.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Andaman! View Post
    Anyone can walk into a chemist in UK and get flu vaccine for £12, normally without a wait. I got mine straight away last week. I think the rationing that Jellybean is referring to is for those who are elderly and vulnerable and offered a free of charge vaccine via National Health Service.. if they don’t want to wait, just pay £12 and go to pharmacy.
    So you pay 12 pounds plus the weekly national insurance contribution - unless you are on a pension I suppose.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Andaman! View Post
    Anyone can walk into a chemist in UK and get flu vaccine for £12, normally without a wait.
    You were lucky it seems as I've tried over the past two weeks to get a paid for Flu shot by ANY means fair or foul and it seems there's non to be had anywhere at ANY price. Boots etc are quoting MONTHS just now before they believe they've have any stock again to be able to sell appointments again and that's even for the paid for option ! :-(

So, if that;s is for the standard existing Flu vaccine I can only imagine what the wait time will be if and when any Covid vaccine gets rolled out to the masses ! :-(