List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Are we near to having a vaccine and returning to Thailand?

Liked

Re: Are we near to having a vaccine and returning to Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
    I'm not suggesting anything improper,although the timing is incredible.
    I'm not sure on US rules, but where I live it's OK to sell AFTER announcements, since the information is in the public domain.

What's not OK is trading before an announcement, e.g. selling before bad news, or buying before good news.

Pfizer is currently about 1% above the price 3 weeks ago.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I'm not sure on US rules, but where I live it's OK to sell AFTER announcements, since the information is in the public domain.

What's not OK is trading before an announcement, e.g. selling before bad news, or buying before good news.

Pfizer is currently about 1% above the price 3 weeks ago.
    Oh yes, he acted within the law.....by hours....LOL
    But I would have thought the shares would rise a lot further,when / if the vaccine gets full regulatory approvals and the go ahead to manufacture and distribute. Selling now isn't exactly showing great confidence in his companies' product. Or am I missing something?

3. User who gave Like to post:

dinagam (November 14th, 2020)

Liked

[QUOTE=Zebedee;271054 Selling now isn't exactly showing great confidence in his companies' product. Or am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Zebedee (November 14th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
    Selling now isn't exactly showing great confidence in his companies' product. Or am I missing something?
    There are various reasons for buying and selling shares.

1 No matter how good a business, the stock price can still rise above what a rational valuation says is fair. For example, google currently shows Amazon stock at 91x earnings. Despite Amazon being a good business, not everyone would pay that.
    Perhaps the Pfizer people consider their stock to be above fair valuation ?

2 Tax policy changes can be another factor. If taxes might go up in 2021, sell some now ?

7. User who gave Like to post:

Zebedee (November 14th, 2020)

Liked

There are various reasons for buying and selling shares.

1 No matter how good a business, the stock price can still rise above what a rational valuation says is fair. For example, google currently shows Amazon stock at 91x earnings. Despite Amazon being a good business, not everyone would pay that.
    Perhaps the Pfizer people consider their stock to be above fair valuation ?

2 Tax policy changes can be another factor. If taxes might go up in 2021, sell some now ?
    I don't really have any understanding of share trading, I wish I did! Thanks for your explanation.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    Once people in the west start having the vacine ,how long do u think it will be before the thais open the boarder and let the tourists in ?
    Thailand is open to tourists (see my post on the New Tourist Visa), but you have to submit a lot of documents and need to undergo 14 days of quarantine in ASQ starting at 30kTHB. Whoever has the time and is willing to spend that money (I'm not), can be in Thailand in one month from now (embassy recommends two weeks for processing application + two weeks quarantine) as a tourist.

Certainly much quicker than waiting for a vaccine to be developed, tested, produced, distributed and accepted by the relevant authorities.

10. 3 Users gave Like to post:

dinagam (November 15th, 2020), gerefan2 (November 14th, 2020), goji (November 15th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Thailand is open to tourists (see my post on the New Tourist Visa), but you have to submit a lot of documents and need to undergo 14 days of quarantine in ASQ starting at 30kTHB. Whoever has the time and is willing to spend that money (I'm not), can be in Thailand in one month from now (embassy recommends two weeks for processing application + two weeks quarantine) as a tourist.
    The 14 day quarantine starts the day after you arrive, so it's effectively 15 nights.

The quarantine hotel prices are reasonable, when we consider they cover full catering, transport and 2 covid tests.
    The bigger issue is very poor terms and conditions for modifying bookings in case of test failures, flight cancellation etc. Some allow modifications up to 48 or 72 hours before the date of arrival, which is no damn use at all. The customer will not have the covid test result at the deadline for changing hotel bookings ! Then other things can go wrong.

During your 15 night quarantine period, there are apparently 2 COVID-19 tests. If you fail one of these, you're carted off to the hotel's partner hospital, whether you need treatment or not. I'm not sure what the criteria are for getting out of hospital, but did see two negative tests mentioned.

Liked

Extremely complicated.....I am not going

Forum's veteran
    Liked

During your 15 night quarantine period, there are apparently 2 COVID-19 tests. If you fail one of these, you're carted off to the hotel's partner hospital, whether you need treatment or not. I'm not sure what the criteria are for getting out of hospital, but did see two negative tests mentioned.
    Maybe have an extra test or two before leaving for Thailand and be very careful where you go and what you do.

Not cheap but it would give you a good indication that you are Covid free right up until departure.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

In USA Dr. Fauci said the average American will be able to get vaccine by April.